Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINAL UPDATE!!! 9225 miles and the piece of crap ........sooo upset

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 9225 miles and the piece of crap is in the shop already.

ORIGINAL: tangtang

I notice that my hood pins are not secured in the front
LOL you have hood pins listed as a mod on your V6 mustang....R I C E haahahaha is that keeping your hood from flying off? hahahahaha
Old 01-28-2006, 03:28 AM
lugnut
1st Gear Member

Default RE: FINAL UPDATE!!! 9225 miles and the piece of crap ........sooo upset

Sorry, I have to put in my 2cents wroth. For those who think the Japanese make a superior car hears my experience with “Japanese superior quality”. I bought a 2002 Honda Civic according to consumer reports and everyone under the sun this was one of the best cars ever built. Yea –Right! After about 38k miles the SRS (air bag system) electronics went wacko and the warning light would come on all the time they never could get it fixed. Then I began having problems shifting. It would not shift into gear right and it would bind up and I would have to find natural then force it into gear then after driving down the freeway for a while it would just pop out of gear for no reason? I also had a problem with the trunk not latching right the alignment was all out of whack. Quality my A#$.[:'(]

As for Toyota hears another experience of mine my brother owned a 84-85 (can’t remember sure) Toyota 4x4 truck. I had an 86 4x4 and my other brother had an 87 4x4 and a friend from work had 2x2 86. Mine blew a head gasket at 32k my other brother with the 87 blew one at 12k and the other blew at 65k and my friends blew at about 80k. all had the “22R” motors. 3 different years, 4 different trucks by 4 different people who knew each other all having blown head gaskets what are those odds? Believe me or not that’s my true experience with the superior quality of Japanese cars. IMO they all make lemons some are just better at hiding it then others
Old 01-28-2006, 03:46 AM
snogoldi
1st Gear Member

IAM NOT PAYING OFF MY HOUSE TO GET EQUITY I ALREADY HAVE $250K WORTH OF EQUITY. I PLAN ON LIVING IN THIS HOUSE AND JUST DON'T WANT $1100 A MONTH HOUSE PAYMENTS WHEN I RETIRE.

ORIGINAL: algregory

Hey OLD MAN!

Find and read "Missed Fortune 101" by Douglas R. Andrew. Paying off your house and sitting on 100% equity is good, as long as you have money to spare, but, run short, have a 100% equity in the house, lenders want to know that you have the ability to pay it back before they'll LOAN you YOUR EQUITY. Your Equity does nothing at all for you! Make it work for you!

[:@]
Old 01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
cathane

Hey there,

I had a fairly similar thing happen to my V6 manual there the fall... when it started getting cold, once or twice within a 3 month stretch I tried turning the car over and I would get the exact rough idle situation, and the car would cut out (the second time it occured I tried applying extra gas with the peddle with no affect). But every time I went to turn the car over afterwards it would start fine. Then I had it occur two or three days in a row as it got colder, so I figured this was my chance to get it looked at by the dealer. I had driven out around the bay (for the enjoyment of any Newf's reading this) prior to dropping the car off, and hence burned off the gas that was in it. When I got it to the dealer, I left it there for two days, bumming rides to and from work, but the problem wouldn't occur... and I haven't seen it happen since. It would seem to me that it is a throttle sensor issue (as suggested in an earlier post) as the car is unresponsive to the throttle when the problem is occurring, but seeing how for me it has occured a total of 4 or 5 times, 3 of which were with the same tank of gas, I've been trying to comfort myself and blame it on a bad tank of gas. If it occurs again, I'll be asking my dealer to replace that sensor. Just figured I'd let you know you're not the only person who's seen this issue (and trust me, you're also not the only person who's had dealer issues, I won't go back to the place I bought my car from, luckily a competitive dealership is located in town who actually cares about customer service). Later.

Cathane
Old 01-28-2006, 01:52 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

We looked at the toyota camrey convert before deciding between the 350z Nissan and the 05 Mustang. Went to toyota because the one Toyota we had (80 Toyota Corolla) was the best car we ever had but the Camrey was way too hard to see out the back and mirrors didn't help in backing it up at all, it was like you were backing up blind! Plus the windshield top was right in the line of my eyesight. Hubby had to test drive it himself later after work and he says "your right!" If those two things weren't wrong with the Toyota we'd probably be driving it now. The Mustang actually seemed to be a better "fit" for the both of us...the Nissan had too many costly unrepairable problems being discussed about on the net compared to the Mustang. So we decided the Mustang was the one for us.

I was lucky to find out during a discussion here in the forums that I was supposed to have a trunk light. So took it in to the dealer and turns out the light itself was fine it was the "smart moduale" as they call it (computer) that was causing the light to go out. So they ordered and replaced the smart moduale a week later. Now not only did I have a trunk light, I've got running lights I didn't have before. I asked my hubby yesterday if he's noticed we are the only 05 Mustang around here that has running lights and he said yes (he commutes to work every day, I stay home). Actually we don't mind having running lights with the way the idiots drive around here. Also a couple of other minor changes we noticed and when we pulled out the manual we found that evidently the old smart moduale wasn't working correctly for these things and now the new one does them right. (timing of the passenger seat belt warning is longer before it beeps, the alarm set/ car lock honks are different but correct according to the manual and now no longer blinks the headlights, instead it blinks the yellow lights only) Just things you thought were normal for the car really weren't.

The irony of taking it in I could tell the dealership was learning about this car yet by the questions they asked and how they found out why the car was different than what it had been acting as I took it back to ask them why is my passenger seat belt alarm different as it used to beep right away (my son is bad about not putting seat belts on so this is how I knew right away things had changed). They let the guy that installed the moduale look at it and then finally the service guy grabbed my manual and he then saw the alarm was now actually doing it correctly. They were stumped for awhile on the trunk light as they could get it to light up then it would quit on them. They told me you would not believe how many things are connected to that one moduale on this car so if one thing goes wrong it could mean replacing it. They finally after 7 hours of looking at the trunk light said we think its the moduale going bad so ordered one. They said they had to call Detroit for any info on the trunk light problem to finally diagnose it as a few others did have this same problem! The next week when went in it took him an hour before he could find the moduale in its box and I noticed him checking and rechecking the computer with the box in hand. From what someone said on the board here the moduale part has been changed/upgraded and its a new code number. So I guess the service guy was trying to see why the code numbers were different on the moduale. Anyway my impression was this Mustang is so different from the others it tends to throw the service department yet on any problems it has! So I'm not surprised to read what some of you have dealt with when you take yours in for service. I wonder how much training if any has been done with the mechanics on this mustang??? My dealership is great, you can tell they are bending over backwards to fix things but also can tell this car stumps them!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:55 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

LOL you have hood pins listed as a mod on your V6 mustang....R I C E haahahaha is that keeping your hood from flying off? hahahahaha
Hey MILLICOCK............arn't you in the wrong forum.......besides I think that the term "mod" stands for modification and i believe the majority 100% excluding you of course, would agree that putting hood pins on is a modification from stock. But the again....you wouldn't be interested in cosmetic mods just like your name already says.....you need to mod your engine so that you have an extension for your ****.

go home and get a live

for everyone else....thanks for your opinions, replies and support!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about it, would you recommend the mustang afte rthis?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

i still would recommend it.......when it works its a really really fun car to drive.