Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question to all who have seen the SB and the VB ( colors)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:10 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default A question to all who have seen the SB and the VB ( colors)

hey guys

I want to know since i really havent seen both colors but own a just the sonic blue i wanted to know if someone saw the sonic blue and then saw the vista blue will he ever notice ? i mean will he notice the diffrence between the 2 colors ?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: A question to all who have seen the SB and the VB ( colors)

I personally don't see much of a difference from one to the other. Just like Mineral Grey vs Tungsten. Sure you put them next to each other and you can see a difference. But going down the road or sitting in a parking lot, I'm hard pressed to tell if its SB or VB, MG or Tung.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

go to www.ponybuilder.com and you can see both colors on the car....just keep clicking on each color one at a time and you can see the difference.....very slight....like a shade difference with one maybe having a little more purple in it.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Vista is a little darker and Sonic changes shades and looks purple in certain light.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

Vista also shows purple in the sunlight.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

sonic blue

vista blue

The sonic blue is a more saturated blue while the vista blue is less saturated and slightly darker. If you look closely the midtones are less vibrant on the VB and makes the Stang look flatter, less shapely. ironically it's harder to tell the difference when seen side by side. I think vista blue looks like *** because it hides the mustang's features...it's too damn dark. that's what the black is for.

mineral gray

tungsten gray

The mineral gray is a muddy darker shade of gray, like a very dark desaturated yellow while the tungsten is a desaturated purplish blue. It's almost closer to satin silver (which is completely colorless).

To the untrained eye they look exactly alike, but i'm an art student so the differences are huge. They should bring back Sonic blue
Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I agree....[8D]
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
KFC
1st Gear Member

I have an untrained eye, I'm merely an engineer with little appreciation for art, but I think the differences are quite noticable. The difference in the gray colors is obvious.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Pictures don't usually do justice I look at the wheels to know what year/color it is - unless of course it isn't sporting factory rims anymore, or both are sporting the bullets.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:40 PM
351PONY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

sonic blue

vista blue

The sonic blue is a more saturated blue while the vista blue is less saturated and slightly darker. If you look closely the midtones are less vibrant on the VB and makes the Stang look flatter, less shapely. ironically it's harder to tell the difference when seen side by side. I think vista blue looks like *** because it hides the mustang's features...it's too damn dark. that's what the black is for.

mineral gray

tungsten gray

The mineral gray is a muddy darker shade of gray, like a very dark desaturated yellow while the tungsten is a desaturated purplish blue. It's almost closer to satin silver (which is completely colorless).

To the untrained eye they look exactly alike, but i'm an art student so the differences are huge. They should bring back Sonic blue
I've seen the Sonic Blue and Vista Blue side by side and I'll tell you what, the differences are very minimal between the two colors. I will agree that Vista Blue is ever so slightly darker. You can't use the two pictures above as an accurate comparison of the two colors as the lighting in the two pictures is completely different and this makes a huge difference in how the colors look.

Quick Reply: A question to all who have seen the SB and the VB ( colors)