Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from a newb!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hello from a newb!

ORIGINAL: SubsonicBulldog

Hello everyone, I've ghosted this forum for a few months now and the time has finally come to register and to post. Today I found the '06 mustang that I will purhase and she's a beauty. Unfortunatly, I live in Phoenix, Az and the car of my dreams is at a dealership in Spearfish, SD. The dealership here that I have some connections with informed me that it would take 17 long grueling days for the vehicle to arrive(and we all know that really means 2 months), so I've decided that my girlfriend and I will be flying there saturday morning and driving back. I would have liked to have made this a nice sight seeing 4 day road trip, but the gf has to be back at work monday morning[&:]. Here are some pics that the dealership has sent me, I hope you all enjoy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29178/D89855E7B63043698DE0B43E1CEA8203.jpg[/IMG]

Now just imagine what this thing will look like when you put decent springs on it. Your putting new springs right?

Patrick
Old 02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

Nice looking car. It has some nice mods already done to it. Did the dealership add the mods or was it a used mustang? It's definitely the right color. lol.
Yeah, dealership added those mods but I will definatly be adding some more.

I'm not digging the grille and hood scoop. But regard me as crazy.
Your Crazy!

Now just imagine what this thing will look like when you put decent springs on it. Your putting new springs right?

Patrick
Definatly will be adding the springs, as well as a Steeda shifter, and a S/C be with in the next couple of months, along with god only knows what else.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

Congrat's, can't wait til I can make a post like this to show off my new pony. It all looks awesome but it seems like it needs wider tires, might just be the photo
Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

Thanks! Yeah I wish I had some more pics to go off of. They didn't even send me any of the red interior and I'm dying to see it. Hopefully everything looks OK when I pick it up.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Congrats. on the new Stang it really looks good I would not worry about the miles you would probally have put that many miles on it in a couple of weeks your just doing all at once.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:11 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

Yeah that's true, I'll just consider it 2 days of seriously breaking it in [&:]
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

I'm not one for apperance mods, but the grill and scoop look on on black. I'd love to make that drive in my car. Enjoy the sights and have fun. I'm always looking an exuse to road trip.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
byebye

SubsonicBulldog,

I'm considering doing the same thing...only different cities....about 1,000 miles. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it going to cost to ship? I didn't really want to put that many miles on it, but RICVA05 makes a good point.

I'm assuming that you bought your Mustang thru your local dealership, but has anyone bought from a dealership in a far away city and had the car shipped? For anyone looking to buy a Shelby, it looks like this may be the only way to get your hands on one. For me it looks like that's the only way to get one. So I have worried about buying one from a far away dealer and then having it serviced where I live. Do you think your local dealership will hold it against you for not buying thru them and penalize you thru the service?

Old 02-03-2006, 01:59 PM
karmann6898

byebye, I cant make any gurentees on the mustang, but when my dad bought his 06 f-350 from Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE, it got shipped from somewhere in mid-ohio (about a 900 mile trip), the dealership just covered the shipping fee. I guess I cant say that goes with every dealer as Woodhouse is one of the biggest ford dealers around. Hopefully the dealer would at least cover some of it for you?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Don't ship it! Drive it! Better yet pretend you're in "gumball Rally". You know that movie back in the 70's where they race across the country. Pick up a radar detector and have some fun. And welcome to the forum, we're hopeless mod junkies.

Quick Reply: Hello from a newb!