Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about SLP Loudmouths....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:06 AM
StevesGT
1st Gear Member

Default Question about SLP Loudmouths....

I looked at them at mustangtuning.com, and they dont look like much more than a couple feet of s/s piping and tips. Am I missing something? Seems like not much for $300+ dollars.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Hoof_N_It06 GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Question about SLP Loudmouths....

your not missing anything, I bought mine off ebay used for 200, but i love them, they are quiet till you stand on it and then they come alive
Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

They are just pipes without mufflers and nice shiny tips.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
lavila07

these exhausts may sound great but several if not most states require mandatory vehicles inspections.. now i don't know too much about the requirements to pass an inspection but I'm pretty sure that without a muffler you don't have much of a chance... if thats the case you're going to have to put the muffler back on everytime you go for a vehicle inspection.. in my opinion Flowmasters may not deliver the same roar the loudmouths do.. but they include a high quality muffler... it should be obvious though that an exhaust with no muffler is always going to sound much louder.. its common sense if you think about the several functions of a muffler.. now if you live in a state that requires no inspection like Florida then no doubt rock out the loudmouths.. JMHO though.. I certainly would hate to have to remove the loudmouths everytime I had to go through inspectio.. which as your vehicles gets older you have to do in a biyearly to yearly basis.. now I may be totally off in this argument.. if I am I apologize.. but these kind of questions should be brought up before adding a nice descent exhaust to your car.. let me know what you think
Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
StevesGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lavila07

...a state that requires no inspection like Florida...
I do! I do! I do live in Florida! I am going to bring a pic of the slp's to my local shop and have them make them. I cant imagine it will be any more than 150-200.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:35 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

i think people love SLP becuase of what they are not--a muffler--which obviously muffels the sound, i dont think emissions plays a role, as long as u have cats, But if u had to change them once a year for a 1/2 hour, that certainly isnt a big deal.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
lavila07

Steves.. you werent implying that you go through inspections were you..? sorry lol but i know that my uncle in orlando doesnt.. anyway.. torch red you make a good point about the inspections not really being a big deal assuming that you can change these exhausts in 30 min.. i wasn't trying to make a strong argument about the loudmouths not being worth it.. it was just a comment.. but now that you put it that way loudmouths all the way LOL!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:22 PM
StevesGT
1st Gear Member

I was saying that I dont have to deal with inspections, since I live in Fla.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:52 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I live in VA, we have to get inspected once a year and mine passed with the loud mouth on. State of VA only requires you to have catalytic converters and does not require you to have mufflers.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
lavila07

thats pretty interesting... like I said I may have been wrong about the exact requirements to pass inspection.. but I think some states also require your vehicle to remain in certain fog-emission levels.. which is one of the functions modern mufflers provide... at least I'm pretty sure it is like this in new jersey... but now that torch red made that comment loudmouths all the way.. even if i had to change them twice a year i would do it

Quick Reply: Question about SLP Loudmouths....