Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum forgive me, but I have searched... (Cobra-ish grille and other ?'s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:56 PM
ghost63

Default Forum forgive me, but I have searched... (Cobra-ish grille and other ?'s)

Okay, I have looked through approximately 1.21 jagillion pictures, all the sponsor's websites and frankly - my head hurts.

Couple of questions for those more in the know...
1. Does anyone make a grille/fascia/whatever that has the basic form idea as the '07 Cobra? Specifically, the outside lines of the grille that slant outward as they move down as opposed to just going straight down.

2. Any fit problems with an 18x10 wheel?

3. In all of the stock photos from 3D Carbon and their "boyracer" body kit - is that hood available or is it just a one-off job for the display?

Thanks!

Signed -

Newest newbie
Old 02-14-2006, 08:19 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Forum forgive me, but I have searched... (Cobra-ish grille and other ?'s)

I hate 3d Carbon,

My car is at the shop right now to put white stripes on it. I ordered a full body kit from 3d carbon. The shop phones me back 2 days later to tell me that the hood is << not really in production or for sale>>. Boy did I have a few words (#$$@#%) with him! It's like, you like it? can't have it! kinda deal. I canceled the order and just got the rear window louvers. I'll just get a shaker once I find out if it fits on my vortech...

Please let me know if you find a grille that looks like the Shelby. I've been looking around to.

ORIGINAL: ghost63

Okay, I have looked through approximately 1.21 jagillion pictures, all the sponsor's websites and frankly - my head hurts.

Couple of questions for those more in the know...
1. Does anyone make a grille/fascia/whatever that has the basic form idea as the '07 Cobra? Specifically, the outside lines of the grille that slant outward as they move down as opposed to just going straight down.

2. Any fit problems with an 18x10 wheel?

3. In all of the stock photos from 3D Carbon and their "boyracer" body kit - is that hood available or is it just a one-off job for the display?

Thanks!

Signed -

Newest newbie
Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
ghost63

Default RE: Forum forgive me, but I have searched... (Cobra-ish grille and other ?'s)

Well, that sucks man - glad you caught it early though and not after "everything" showed up! I don't relaly like the entire kit, just the front and hood, and the hood is the best part! Figures that's the only part they don't make. I do like the California Dream hood though.

Still on the lookout for the grille - I'll post it up here if I get a bead on one.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

[&:]The spoiler ruins it for me. I like the rest. They just don't make it. Go figure....

The rear window louvers look really classic. I'll put pictures up when I get my car car back.

Patrick
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
ghost63

Amen. Looking again, I do like the kit overall, especially the rear. The front is sweet and the hood is the best part. But I agree, WTF is with the wing?! As a side note - why in the world would you call an aero kit for a domestic musclecar the "boyracer"? [:'(] The pics will be great, the louvers are pretty sweet too.