Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whoa! Something weird happened.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

Default Whoa! Something weird happened.

Ok something weird happened last nite. Me and some friends went to the bank straight from work. On the way back, I had the defroster, "fog lights", and the radio turned on. But then I noticed the air conditioner lights, my "fog lights", and my speakers were off. But the radio lights and my dash lights were on. So im like what the?? I tried turning off the lights but the lights stayed on!!!! I was like whoa that is freaky!!! So anyways where i work there is a ford dealership so i take it in. I kid you not, once the service advisoer stepped out all the lights turned back on. So the guy was looking at me as if i was on crack. He said if it happens again take it in but he couldnt do anything. Im just wondering, has this happened to anyone?? Oh yea it was raining last nite so i wonder if it maybe short circuited something for awhile. Dont know. Just wondering.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Whoa! Something weird happened.

I once had a rental car (Lancer) do that to me, one of the headlights wouldn't turn on, a cop stopped me and gave me a ticket, the light turned on after that and it didn't happen again!!! It hasn't happened to me on the Mustang though, I've only had it for a week now.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Phantom_Captain_13

ORIGINAL: pinoy

Ok something weird happened last nite. Me and some friends went to the bank straight from work. On the way back, I had the defroster, "fog lights", and the radio turned on. But then I noticed the air conditioner lights, my "fog lights", and my speakers were off. But the radio lights and my dash lights were on. So im like what the?? I tried turning off the lights but the lights stayed on!!!! I was like whoa that is freaky!!! So anyways where i work there is a ford dealership so i take it in. I kid you not, once the service advisoer stepped out all the lights turned back on. So the guy was looking at me as if i was on crack. He said if it happens again take it in but he couldnt do anything. Im just wondering, has this happened to anyone?? Oh yea it was raining last nite so i wonder if it maybe short circuited something for awhile. Dont know. Just wondering.
Something almost similar happened to me last night as well. Were there weird solar flares yesterday or something? First off I came home and turned on my tv and my dvr was shot. Just wouldn't come on and was totally glitched so I had to get a new one today. But right after that, I left to go to hockey practice and get in my car and head out when I notice the radio isn't working. I hit the cd button, try to change it to the radio, try turning it off even and nothing! So I pull over and shut the car off and everything goes down but the radio lights are still on! I open my door and everything and it won't shut off even though the keys are not even in the ignition and the door is open. There is no sound from the stereo, and it won't change channels or shut off by pressing the **** but the lights are still on. So I start up the car and go through the whole routine again all the way back to shutting off the car, taking out the keys etc and it still won't turn off.

By now I'm freaking out, first the tivo and now this! Well anyway, I start driving again and I kinda stab at the radio **** a few times and suddenly it starts working. ??? Go figure. I drove out today to go get a new tivo box and everything was fine with the car and my tv is back in order. Maybe we went through some strange electrical killing wormhole or something yesterday.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:20 AM
beachpony

I thought it was just me! I had something similar happen yesterday afternoon. I came out of office depot and when I started the car, the message center went nuts! It started saying there was no oil pressure, no fuel in the tank, the doors were open, the trunk was open and a bunch of other things. I turned on the headlights, but the gauges stayed lit white. I tried the turn signals and they worked outside, but the signal lights on the dash didn't work and there was no turn signal sound. It also threw codes p0463 and p2068 which has to do with the fuel tank level sensor voltage. Also, when I took the key out and opened the door, all of the interior lights went out except all of the buttons on the stereo - they stayed on no matter what. I had to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset everything. It was the wierdest thing that I have ever had happen with a car. I think maybe ford left a kind of software easter egg for us in the PCM.

Rob
Old 02-20-2006, 04:20 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Was it raining or did it rain recently. There are some wiring problems with moisture and that seems to be causing some folks some electronic errors. Strange things have happened to me a couple of times when it was wet out. I went to a friends once got out of the car locked it and the center right tail light stayed lit. Just that one tail light. lol I got back in turned her on let her run for a min and shut her down again and it was gone. ??? I don't know gremlins lol
Another time my traction control shut off for about 5 seconds.
I would take it to the dealer but I know that it won't be happening when I take it in so there isn't much of a point. So I figure as long as its just freak occurences I won't worry about it much. I think the best thing to do in that situation is to turn the engine off and restart to reset anything out of wack.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 AM
Phantom_Captain_13

ORIGINAL: rattsj

Was it raining or did it rain recently. There are some wiring problems with moisture and that seems to be causing some folks some electronic errors. Strange things have happened to me a couple of times when it was wet out. I went to a friends once got out of the car locked it and the center right tail light stayed lit. Just that one tail light. lol I got back in turned her on let her run for a min and shut her down again and it was gone. ??? I don't know gremlins lol
Another time my traction control shut off for about 5 seconds.
I would take it to the dealer but I know that it won't be happening when I take it in so there isn't much of a point. So I figure as long as its just freak occurences I won't worry about it much. I think the best thing to do in that situation is to turn the engine off and restart to reset anything out of wack.
Nope, was dry here but really cold. It's possible though now that I think about it for a minute, I park in a heated garage and maybe going out into the real cold made moisture condense inside the car somewhere?