Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Upgrade Package - Need Info!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:28 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

Default Interior Upgrade Package - Need Info!

When you "build & price" a 2006 GT on Ford's web page and select the interior upgrade package, you then have the no-cost option of choising a "satin aluminum instrument panel applique" or the "charcoal aluminum instrument applique with ribbed pattern".

My dealer has no clue what the difference is between the two instrument appliques and has always just ordered the upgrade package without specifying the type of "aluminum". Can anybody shed some light on this topic? What is the most common applique ordered?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:48 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Interior Upgrade Package - Need Info!

dont worry what's common, get what you like and the one that fits your interior color scheme.

the dark panel is new. search on this site for pics.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:42 PM
351PONY
2nd Gear Member

Haven't seen the charcoal applique, but here's a pic of mine in satin aluminum. Hopefully will give you something to compare to.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25306/2E7CB7DC7B0E47C2BB0829495E6753B5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2006, 04:56 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmmmmm

dont worry what's common, get what you like and the one that fits your interior color scheme.

the dark panel is new. search on this site for pics.
I will be getting the dark (black) interior. The problem is that neither my dealer nor the web page can show the difference between the satin aluminum and charcoal aluminum instrument panel applique. All the vehicles I have seen in person have an aluminum instrument panel with the lines (ribs) in them, but the salespople have been unable to tell me whether that is the satin or charcoal aluminum. I did a forum search and came up with nothing. Does anyone have picture of the two styles?
Old 02-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

The "satin aluminum" is the typical silver-colored panel you see on most IUP pictures. The "charcoal aluminum" is dark colored and has a different texture. Below is a pic of it. This is not mine, I DL'd it to my laptop a while back in a reference folder I have. It is the only pic I've seen of the charcoal panels.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/EC33E660C62F4EB7ADAB44E55F1F22C4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

By the way, I seem to remember reading that the charcoal is 2006 "job 2", so they're only just recently starting to trickle out.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Mag66

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

By the way, I seem to remember reading that the charcoal is 2006 "job 2", so they're only just recently starting to trickle out.
I don't think "job2" relates to the charcoal.. I think it relates to the red seats.. as the GT I'm currently looking at, has both job2 and satin... and thats taken directly from the sticker itself.

See the quote the dealer sent to me in ref to job 2 in another thread here...

My thread including copied quote from dealer

Mag
Old 02-19-2006, 06:07 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

2007 Shelby gt500 ...might be alot like this?

Old 02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mag66

I don't think "job2" relates to the charcoal.. I think it relates to the red seats.. as the GT I'm currently looking at, has both job2 and satin... and thats taken directly from the sticker itself.
LOL! "Job 2" isn't an option or package, it's a production run. It's the second production run of the model year. Sometimes there are small changes between production runs, as in the addition of the new charcoal IUP. Since the charcoal IUP didn't start into production until Job 2, it's just now starting to trickle out in production cars. That's why there aren't many pics of it yet.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:44 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i got my 05' v6 with the red interior and didnt have the choice of the satin or charcoal... it just came with the stain... sometimes i wish i had the "stock" charcoal, other time i like my satin and i'm happy with it... bu like everyone else said- get what you want

Quick Reply: Interior Upgrade Package - Need Info!