Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who think the PINKS TV show is fake...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: For those who think the PINKS TV show is fake...

Great show! Both cars were wild. CONGRATS
Old 03-16-2006, 03:47 AM
ksmutek

you guys are getting a fast one pulled on you, Pinks is FAKE, the 2 drivers each get paid, the winner of the two gets a larger amount of money...
Old 03-16-2006, 05:16 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

^^^ ???
Old 03-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Evidently you didn't see last night's show where a 20 year old kid nearly broke down and cried when the winner drove his turbo'd Honda Civic away. I actually felt sorry for him. I do believe the show is legit, and it rocks!!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:07 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ksmutek
you guys are getting a fast one pulled on you, Pinks is FAKE, the 2 drivers each get paid, the winner of the two gets a larger amount of money...
You must have missed the pictures in the first post too. That was one of the winners getting the other car delived to his shop.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Secter
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

ORIGINAL: ksmutek
You must have missed the pictures in the first post too. That was one of the winners getting the other car delived to his shop.
LOL! Wish I could have seen that!

Today's Topic:

Rice is NOT fast - end of story
Old 03-16-2006, 12:44 PM
06stangtime
1st Gear Member

The show is a joke,,,, Back in the days when we raced for pinks I t was always a heads up race. which means
when you challenge someone for pinks you bettter know your car and the persons you challenging.
It was always a "run what you thought you brung" , hahahaha.... That's real Pinks racing
Old 03-16-2006, 12:51 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

The show is based on STREET racing - not NHRA braket racing. And even 'back in the day' it was very rare for cars to run straight up cause it's rare for two cars to be equal. The money they both get is mandatory because it's on television - DUH - and anyone who appears on television has to be paid the SAG minimum contract rate or the production company would be sued by the union. If ANYONE runs strictly straight up in street racing for pinks - they won't have their car for very long. The show is legit and just has to follow television production and SAG contract guidelines. And if anyone thinks street racing is supposed to be done 'straight up' - then they have never been to or been involved in a street race for MONEY.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

I bet his parents wasn't too happy [sm=laughat.gif]

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Evidently you didn't see last night's show where a 20 year old kid nearly broke down and cried when the winner drove his turbo'd Honda Civic away. I actually felt sorry for him. I do believe the show is legit, and it rocks!!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
06stangtime
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

If ANYONE runs strictly straight up in street racing for pinks - they won't have their car for very long. The show is legit and just has to follow television production and SAG contract guidelines. And if anyone thinks street racing is supposed to be done 'straight up' - then they have never been to or been involved in a street race for MONEY.
That's just it, when you win a car in a pinks race you then use that car for your races. I'm 41yrs and we always raced heads-up, None of this
you got Nitros crap(turn it off) or you got a supercharger (boo hoo) you should've known this before you put your car up for pinks...
lesson learnd, "Don't play someone elses game if you don't know thier rules"

I've won a few cars and lost a few cars even my 69 ss camero w/427 then won back 2 months later..

Quick Reply: For those who think the PINKS TV show is fake...