Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Pics and "How to" of my 2010 GT Hood pin install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Sweet 2010! More pics?

Sux that this guys hood ripped open, and its awesome its a v8 shoved into the sixxer body.. Sleeper ehh?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Heliguy77
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4literv6
edit to the op your car is hot man the hood pins imo perfectly compliment the stripes very nicely done
did you get those darn dings fixed man?

Thanks for the compliments.... No, I didnt get the ding fixed, the 2 Paintless dent guys I took it to said it was a lost cause.... O well, Ill have to be more careful next time.

I did install my new Magnaflow kit today tho, its sounds great. I highly recommend it! Only problem I had was you have to have a lift, as I couldnt jack the car up high enough to get the pipes out from over the rear axle. I took it to the local auto place, and in 10 min, it was finished. Think Ill take a break for a while now..
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
ok enlighten me. Why would you wanna drill in to a perfectly good hood to stick to metel polls through and mess up the clean look??
I see from your sig you don't actually own an S197. The hoods on these shake terribly. Pretty scary at high speed.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heliguy77
Thanks for the compliments.... No, I didnt get the ding fixed, the 2 Paintless dent guys I took it to said it was a lost cause.... O well, Ill have to be more careful next time.

I did install my new Magnaflow kit today tho, its sounds great. I highly recommend it! Only problem I had was you have to have a lift, as I couldnt jack the car up high enough to get the pipes out from over the rear axle. I took it to the local auto place, and in 10 min, it was finished. Think Ill take a break for a while now..
Was it just an axle back kit?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Heliguy77
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Was it just an axle back kit?
No, it was the CAT Back kit.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heliguy77
No, it was the CAT Back kit.
Gotcha
Old 06-26-2009, 10:42 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I talk to that guy he's a member of another very good mustang forum, anyways he got tired of the vortech kit he had on the existing engine so he swapped that is the beauty of these cars they are truly real life hot wheels don't like your hood/engine/transmission/spoiler/exhaust/headlights well you start to get the picture right? Just swap em then if you don't like that swap to something else so easy even I can do it in my driveway no less lol
honestly though I think no car has more of a loyal following and parts availability in the aftermarket as well as factory backed parts than Ford's Mustang
edit to the op your car is hot man the hood pins imo perfectly compliment the stripes very nicely done
did you get those darn dings fixed man?
Can we get a bigger pic of the girl....and the car she is standing next to of course
Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Can we get a bigger pic of the girl....and the car she is standing next to of course
Ask and you shall receive I love to show off my hot babes

this last one is sacrilege for a mustang forum but allwell
Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
760Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Wow 4literv6, with that new sig I would never have connected your old car to that screen name.

OP, I believe those are the best hood pins on the the market. Machined perfectly, although I'm not sure if this is a problem with anybody else or not but mine are starting to rust a little bit :[ I may have to contact who I bought it from for a replacement if possible. And have you tried them without the lanyards?

Agreed about the shakes on the stock hoods, hopefully the 2010's have that fixed. I couldn't imagine not having pins on a fiberglass hood.

About the motor swap, I would do that instead of a trade in as well. I actually like to form a bond with an automobile. I never see my self getting rid of this one. All the hours working on it, all the money spent on it, all the times enjoying it, it's that bond I wouldn't be able to break.

Also, the guy whose hood flew up and destroyed his windshield, I just bought his old exhaust setup.

There, all bases covered.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Ask and you shall receive I love to show off my hot babes

this last one is sacrilege for a mustang forum but allwell
So does she have a sister? Cousin or friend...since I am single again and all.

Quick Reply: Pics and "How to" of my 2010 GT Hood pin install.