Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Who Has Personally Installed HIDs in their 2010 Mustang?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
bgmikejr2009

I installed HID's for the fogs and the headlights (8000K) 2 weeks after getting my 2010 Black GT Mustang on June 22nd, 2009, here's the link to both kits:

Headlights:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-du...m-kit-h13.html

Fog Lights:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-si...m-kit-h10.html

Easy to install, all you have to do is plug them in and thats all, I installed them with my cousin and was able to use black zip ties to hide the wiring, took about 2 hours to install as we took our time and made it look like a factory install I will post pics if asked to cause it looks nice.

Take care
Old 09-02-2009, 07:56 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I would like to see pics of the install post em buddy! Thanks for the links!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bgmikejr2009
I installed HID's for the fogs and the headlights (8000K) 2 weeks after getting my 2010 Black GT Mustang on June 22nd, 2009, here's the link to both kits:

Headlights:

Fog Lights:

Easy to install, all you have to do is plug them in and thats all, I installed them with my cousin and was able to use black zip ties to hide the wiring, took about 2 hours to install as we took our time and made it look like a factory install I will post pics if asked to cause it looks nice.

Take care
Yeah dude, need pics!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Retrosolutions
Not all after market kits bud, be carefull! Others were not so lucky with their original choices. So far though, yes, our DIGITAL brand kits have had 100% compatibility with the 2010 model.

Glad to hear you got everything in and being enjoyed!
I must add that I bought a kit from him a looong time ago. Last april of 08 infact. I installed them on my 95 mustang gt, I got in a front end accident with them and they still work perfectly on my fathers lincoln. Best kit ever.

Now I have a question about HIDS in the 2010 mustang. There is no shield at all infront of the bulb. What does this do to the glare.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Headlights:

Fog Lights:

Take care
Ouch $279 for a kit, I hope they come with a lifetime warranty for that price.
I'd suggest considering have the tops of the bulbs coated for the headlamps.

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
I must add that I bought a kit from him a looong time ago. Last april of 08 infact. I installed them on my 95 mustang gt, I got in a front end accident with them and they still work perfectly on my fathers lincoln. Best kit ever.
A testiment to our quality, thanks for sharing!

Now I have a question about HIDS in the 2010 mustang. There is no shield at all infront of the bulb. What does this do to the glare.
That is why we suggest the bulb coating for the tops of the bulbs.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 PM
bgmikejr2009

Yes the HID's from American Muscle come with a 24 month warranty.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Retrosolutions
Ouch $279 for a kit, I hope they come with a lifetime warranty for that price.
I'd suggest considering have the tops of the bulbs coated for the headlamps.

A testiment to our quality, thanks for sharing!

That is why we suggest the bulb coating for the tops of the bulbs.

Do you have a picture of this??? Im having trouble finding a mustang around here I like so Im thinking of ordering but im not sure whether its worth 500 dollars when I can get your kit for much cheaper. I also am not sure how the projectors make the front end look. I need to see one in person. Thanks a bunch.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Yes the HID's from American Muscle come with a 24 month warranty.
2 years is not lifetime

Do you have a picture of this??? Im having trouble finding a mustang around here I like so Im thinking of ordering but im not sure whether its worth 500 dollars when I can get your kit for much cheaper. I also am not sure how the projectors make the front end look. I need to see one in person. Thanks a bunch.
A picture of the bulb coating?
Here is an example

ATTENTION:

Please contact via email this coming week (5th-12th) as we will be on business in Europe and will not be available via other means.
Please please please do not send PMs.
Thanks guys!
EMAIL

Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 AM
bgmikejr2009

Rollin Thunder:

Checkout my pics on my myspace page at www.myspace.com/bgmikejrisback
Also here's a few images for ya

Hope this helps and yes they are bright at 8000K
Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 AM
bgmikejr2009

Retrosolutions:

Yes I know 2 years isn't lifetime, I thought it came with lifetime but pulled out the warranty card and read it and it said 24 months, but I mean all you gotta do when the bulb burns out if it ever does is replace just the bulb and they run about 54.99 a piece for H13's which are the headlight bulbs and the H10's which are the fog lights run 39.99 a piece. So not too bad in my opinion but trust me once you go HID you wont want to go back to the regular bulbs or even the silverstar ultra bulbs from sylvania cause Im telling you HID makes a difference like day and night lol I will be posting pics today or tomorrow of under my hood where I ran the wires and ballasts so everyone can see what it looks like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who Has Personally Installed HIDs in their 2010 Mustang?