Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Keep in mind the GT grill is two pieces ... The GRILL itself and the Surround. The surround is the part this is molded into the V6 bumper. The GT grill can be removed from the Surround. Are you sure the GT GRILL itself ... sans the Surround ... won't fit either?
Yeah, the GT grille is taller than the V6 one also. The grille I had looked like it was just one piece. I'll have to go by the dealer and take a closer look. I'll take a measuring tape with me. But I'm almost positive that the grille I had was a one piece, that included the surround part.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Yeah, the GT grille is taller than the V6 one also. The grille I had looked like it was just one piece. I'll have to go by the dealer and take a closer look. I'll take a measuring tape with me. But I'm almost positive that the grille I had was a one piece, that included the surround part.
Here is a diagram of the seperate pieces ...

Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone come up with a "bar" or "billet" type grille that keeps the stock fogs? All the aftermarket grills I've see that keep the fogs are simple overlays; the grilles that actually replace the stock one don't keep the fogs.

I want to an upper grill that is only bars (like the Roush or the one dmhines as installed) that is not simply an overlay but also keeps the stock fogs . . .
Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 AM
AirForce_5.0

Is it painted under the surround? I plan on removing and selling my Fog/Grill when I get my 5.0 and replacing it with something else.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:01 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Looking at that diagram, it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't work. The tabs are on the outer portion of that grille, and it's the outer portion that's too big. The inner portion wouldn't fit into the V6 grille since the V6 grille is all one piece.