Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Pics - New Wheels, Tires, and Eibach Pro Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Looks great, Dave. You did some things I definitely would've been leary of, but it has turned out nice! Now give us some pics with the top DOWN!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Looks great, Dave. You did some things I definitely would've been leary of, but it has turned out nice! Now give us some pics with the top DOWN!
Thanks man! Well, today when I took those pics it was about 19 degrees outside with the wind blowing at 35 mph. I'll wait a bit to put the top down
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Looks good! Good job making it your own!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
FYI staggered generally refers to different diameters wheels. For example, 19" in the rear and 18" up front.

Since you used the same size tire on all the wheels - why even get wider ones in the back? Aesthetics?

Sorry Bro but Staggered usually refers to wider wheels and tires in the back not different diameters. If you don't believe me go to and wheel/tire website and look at the staggered packages they offer. They always have the same diameter wheels all around just wider ones in the back. They will still all be 18s or 20s etc. but the front will be like an 8.5 width and the rear a 9.5 for example.

OP, your car looks fantastic. I love the grey accents. It really sets it off. Very unique.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Looking good dd, I always dig checking out your mods!! Enjoy!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
cpsstang

Default Pics - New Wheels, Tires, etc

Sweet ride Dave! I don't post many threads, but I'm a new 2010 V6 Premium owner from Tennessee and I've been following the evolution of your stang! You've done a fantastic job!

I have a black 2010 V6 Premium with Magnaflow single exhaust and tinted windows. I also blacked out the pony in the front as well as the two fender emblems. My Roush splitters should be in this week and am about to order the Shelby rear valance and rear deck panel from CDC to delete the "pan pizza
" on the back. The Shelby valance will allow me to convert my single to dual with an additional Magnaflow! I've upgaded to Xenon headlight bulbs.

Hopefully this summer I can upgrade my shoes to 20X9 Foose Legends (Chrome) all the way around and lower the stance with the Eibach springs.

In any event, just wanted to say great job and thanks for the ideas!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cpsstang
Sweet ride Dave! I don't post many threads, but I'm a new 2010 V6 Premium owner from Tennessee and I've been following the evolution of your stang! You've done a fantastic job!

I have a black 2010 V6 Premium with Magnaflow single exhaust and tinted windows. I also blacked out the pony in the front as well as the two fender emblems. My Roush splitters should be in this week and am about to order the Shelby rear valance and rear deck panel from CDC to delete the "pan pizza
" on the back. The Shelby valance will allow me to convert my single to dual with an additional Magnaflow! I've upgaded to Xenon headlight bulbs.

Hopefully this summer I can upgrade my shoes to 20X9 Foose Legends (Chrome) all the way around and lower the stance with the Eibach springs.

In any event, just wanted to say great job and thanks for the ideas!
Thanks for the compliments! I'm from Tennessee, Dandridge to be exact.... Near Gatlinburg. I'm glad I gave you some good ideas. That's what this site is all about. I've researched everything here and asked tons of questions before pulling the trigger on most things. Yours is going to look sweet with all those mods. I'm trying to think of what to do next. I have an idea..... But I'll wait and see how that one pans out before jumping too quickly.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Looking good, Chief!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
I was under the impression that a "staggered" setup is when the rear WHEELS are wider than the front ones, which is the setup I have now. At least on several other forums, this is the impression that's out there as far as the term "staggered" goes.

Yep, I wanted a wider look in the back, so I went with a wider wheel in the back. The rear wheels look different as well as being wider. I think it's a cool look.
Thats the same thing I thought as well.

Im really liking what you have done with your car Dave. I think everything you have done has pulled together to make a very tastefully modded 2010.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

to the op car looks great glad to see you cut your stock bumper instead of switching it out I really liked that look on my black 2010 regardless it looks good dropped with those wheels and your overall theme is original and nice looking to

Quick Reply: Pics - New Wheels, Tires, and Eibach Pro Lowering Springs