Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Teaser Pic: Silver Flames on My 2010 - More Pics to Come

Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 AM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

looks good.

i may have missed this... but why not a GT? you obviously have money to spend on the car and appear to have spent quite a bit on this one.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

WOW

From the teaser, that will be a very unique car. It took big ones to make a change like that, but you seem to be on the leading edge of customizing anyway...

Need some outdoor, top down pics.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:25 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
I like it, Mayhaps it will clear up tommorow! Did you have a Singhai?
I sure did! For those of you who have been to that part of the world, maybe this phrase will spark a memory...... "You want Boom-Boom?"
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

discodave you've got GREAT TASTE! I can't think of a better way to have done that car... looks fan-FN-tastic! I agree the flames are only cool when done right & YOURS are done right... props 2 U!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:37 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scapegoat
looks good.

i may have missed this... but why not a GT? you obviously have money to spend on the car and appear to have spent quite a bit on this one.
I bought this car because I wanted to buy a car off the lot and I liked the front of the V6 better. It was also the only convertible they had on the lot. Sort of an impulse buy I guess, but I knew I could customize it more if I paid a little less. That said, I still paid a lot because you tack on an extra 5 Grande for the convertible alone.

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
WOW

From the teaser, that will be a very unique car. It took big ones to make a change like that, but you seem to be on the leading edge of customizing anyway...

Need some outdoor, top down pics.
Yeah, I was nervous about it. I wanted to make sure the painter's image of what I wanted was the same as the image I had in my head. Luckily, it turned out great and I don't have to kill myself now.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iROK24/7
discodave you've got GREAT TASTE! I can't think of a better way to have done that car... looks fan-FN-tastic! I agree the flames are only cool when done right & YOURS are done right... props 2 U!
Thanks! You know what I did? I looked up every really crappy picture of Mustangs with flames on the internet and printed them out. I took them to the painter and told him "I don't want it to look like any of these".

Flames can look badass or just like plain old cheesy crap. It's almost like there's no middle of the road with them, so that's something I also conveyed to him.

I've seen his work before and he wouldn't spray crappy flames because his name is all over it.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Haha dave you crack me up. I like the ghost flames much better then stripes. We need some real pics now.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Haha dave you crack me up. I like the ghost flames much better then stripes. We need some real pics now.
Thanks man. The paint they used is pretty cool. It looks different depending on the angle/lighting. In darkness they almost look like a charcoal color, which makes it kinda look like smoke. In sunlight it looks really silver and looks like flames. It definitely looks the best in light. It's supposed to be nice this weekend, hopefully sooner, so I can take some worthy shots.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackout gt
you are a mad man......more pics....
I agree! Dave needs to sign up for AA.....Automobiles Anonymous.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
I agree! Dave needs to sign up for AA.....Automobiles Anonymous.

It's true. I'm a sick sick man......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Teaser Pic: Silver Flames on My 2010 - More Pics to Come