MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010-current S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section-132/)
-   -   Really disappointed with my Foose wheels (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section/595665-really-disappointed-with-my-foose-wheels.html)

black2010 04-09-2010 09:56 PM

Really disappointed with my Foose wheels

I've been waiting 3+ weeks now for my Foose Nitrous wheels to come in for my car. Came home today and was jumping up and down excited that they were finally on my door step. I rushed them in the house and opened the box. Super excited as they look SWEET!!!! I took one and placed it by my car and loved the look. Took it back inside and put it face down on the carpet and saw in big letters..... "Made in China".

You've got to be kidding me! My fault for not researching this but for the $$$ I paid for these I'm really disappointed in knowing that they are not US made. I'm one of those people that will search out USA made parts as I've had to many close friends recently lose their job to outsourcing :-(

So, I'm not real thrilled at this point but guess what's next. I opened the other three boxes and one of them is bent from apparently being dropped. The black paint on the inside lip (I know you can't see it) is all scratched up like someone hit a curb and the seal feels like it is bent a bit.

I know.... Shame on me for ASSUMING these were US made since they were so expensive but the bent ring is icing on the cake :-( My installer thinks it wont cause a balance problem and is just costmetic but I'm seriously contemplating just sending them all back to Cruizen Concepts.

Am I being ignorant here? I love the look of the wheels but I feel like pooh that I'm sending my money over seas plus not really thrilled about paying top dollar for what I would call scratch and dent wheels....

black2010 04-09-2010 10:03 PM

Just read the return policy on Cruizen Concepts web site. Looks like the release themselves from all liabilty on shipping damage and that I have to go through UPS plus all returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee. Makes the debate on what to do now even harder :-(

howarmat 04-09-2010 10:04 PM

everything is made in china, even ford OEM wheels are.

Snakebite64 04-09-2010 10:15 PM

My financial planner asked my wife and I about China and I cut him off quick. I said under no circumstances are you to invest any money in any COMMUNIST country ie China Cuba etc etc. If my returns are slightly lower I can live with that.

Red ll iine GT 04-09-2010 10:16 PM

sorry about your luck man..Cruizen Concepts isnt doing too good lately

08droptop 04-09-2010 10:27 PM

If I spent that kind of cash on those wheels, I would be super pissed no matter where the damage is. I would call Cruzin Concepts immediately to see what they can do. I would think they wouldn't just let it be if they ever wanted anyone else to do business with them. I would hope they would take care of the damage, or help you take care of it. I guess I wouldn't mind the China thing, seems like everything comes from there, and if you like the rims, it isn't worth returning them for that issue. I would do something about the damage FOR SURE, I don't care where it is.

SaddleUp 04-09-2010 10:33 PM

Good luck getting *anywhere* with CC. Buyers beware.

m0nkeydump 04-10-2010 12:15 AM

I would be pissed if my new wheels were damaged, but I would not be upset simply because they were made in China.

As for your wheels, try to sell them yourself if you can't live with the scratches.

mondo73 04-10-2010 12:55 AM

I say"send them back"

Doogie65 04-10-2010 06:40 AM

Good luck!
I had some damage to one of my CS69s and the selling vendor sent out a replacement almost immediately. They took ownership of filing the claim with UPS and told me not to worry about it. And ironically enough, they never even requested the return of the damaged wheel which only had a very minor ding on the rim edge. Hopefully you can get this handled without too much of any issue.