Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

how much for rear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by justin_burke05
damn konastang i need to find a shop like you did! 100 for all? wow and wilkinda thats lame to hear you had a ford dealer do your pipes installation. I already called my ford dealership and they told me they don't do exhaust installs. even recommeded a lame shop in town for the job. I would be nice/ comforting to have some real ford tech's working on my exhaust for me. i wouldn' t mind paying them 80 bucks to do that either.
lowered car, no jack-stands and no jack or ramps = let dealer install it for $80!! It was lame that I had the dealer install them??? For $80 I'd be lame again.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:35 AM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

C'mon wilkinda... reading comprehension! =)

He's basically saying that it's lame he couldn't find a Ford dealership to install his like you did, not that YOU're lame.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

He's the most interesting mod I have come across, bar none. Oh my car is lowered no jack stands/ramps cost 30.00 bwah
Old 04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
justin_burke05
2nd Gear Member

haha thanks for the back up monkey. ya thats all i mean is that my dealership wouldn't even give me the chance. well i guess ill try some more shops and see wat happens
Old 04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by justin_burke05
haha thanks for the back up monkey. ya thats all i mean is that my dealership wouldn't even give me the chance. well i guess ill try some more shops and see wat happens
Gotcha.... check around for sure. it was late July and hot as heck... so when they offered to do it for $80 I was like.. have at it.

Snakebite... I could not get my car up on ramps. the FRPP M-5300-K springs had me so low I could not get the front / rear tires to the ramps. Since these are from H-pipe back..I needed it up so I could get under it. I have since bought new ramps for lowered cars plus I am now lowered 1" instead of 1.5". Now when I take this Roush system off for the Corsa Extremes I can do it at home.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Not to hijack, but wilkinda, why did you go from 1.5 to 1? Too low for daily driving? Too inconvenient or what?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Gotcha.... check around for sure. it was late July and hot as heck... so when they offered to do it for $80 I was like.. have at it.

Snakebite... I could not get my car up on ramps. the FRPP M-5300-K springs had me so low I could not get the front / rear tires to the ramps. Since these are from H-pipe back..I needed it up so I could get under it. I have since bought new ramps for lowered cars plus I am now lowered 1" instead of 1.5". Now when I take this Roush system off for the Corsa Extremes I can do it at home.
What what what? do my eyes deceive me? Your swapping out the Roush exhaust? say it ain't so!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by m0nkeydump
Not to hijack, but wilkinda, why did you go from 1.5 to 1? Too low for daily driving? Too inconvenient or what?
Rode like a go-kart. Was so low you could not see the top of my front tire. With the stock front fascia I had to be very careful of curbs and those stupid concrete stops at the super-markets and such.

Went with Steeda Sports (1" lowering) and Koni StrT shocks and struts and it's not a soft as stock for ride quality but it sure is alot more stable handling and ride is damn good.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
What what what? do my eyes deceive me? Your swapping out the Roush exhaust? say it ain't so!
Not sure why... but the drone has gotten worse...louder. Where i used to get drone at 70 MPH in 5th.. I now get it starting around 80 MPH till about 85 MPH. Happens to be where I set the cruise. I put alot of highway miles on this car traveling up the East coast and its really getting to be annoying.

Love it in town and such.. Hate it on the highways
Old 04-17-2010, 08:10 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Rode like a go-kart. Was so low you could not see the top of my front tire. With the stock front fascia I had to be very careful of curbs and those stupid concrete stops at the super-markets and such.

Went with Steeda Sports (1" lowering) and Koni StrT shocks and struts and it's not a soft as stock for ride quality but it sure is alot more stable handling and ride is damn good.
Doesn't 1" still scrap curbs/parking concrete blocks?

Quick Reply: how much for rear?