Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Street Scene Center Fog Grille

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Default Street Scene Center Fog Grille

Just got it and just installed. I have family coming into town, so my install write up and pictures that show my steps will be probably sunday. They came with no instructions so it should help. Here it is. Firsties!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Ronn
1st Gear Member

how long did it take, did you have to do any cutting or custom work to get everything back together. does it look like it came from the factory inside.

Car looks good with it.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member

looks good
Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
how long did it take, did you have to do any cutting or custom work to get everything back together. does it look like it came from the factory inside.

Car looks good with it.
I was taking pics and like I said there were no instructions. But despite that it was about an hour. Nothing custom done, it fits right in where the stocker was. Its one piece, where the stock is an outer shell with the inner portion attached to that. It actually tightened up the fit of the front a little so I need to rub a dab of scratch X where the stocker was touching the bumper fascia in the center front. Nothing really noticeable, I'm just **** like that.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Also of note. If you buy a fog light film kit from HeadlightArmor.com, you will get it cut to fit the stock grille, not a full circle like the lights are... I learned that the hardway. I bought a yellow fog kit to install at the same time, but they notch the top. I am a little peaved about that. 23 bucks wasted. And I still want my yellow fogs dagnabit!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
JRANGER
1st Gear Member

Did you need harness extensions for the fogs or did you put a a fog kit in with this?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Dood, lookin good, do you have a picture from a few more feet away? Did you do it with the facia on or off the car? Facia is easy to pull anyways.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

This kit comes with the wiring harness for a plug and play install to move the factory fogs
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
Dood, lookin good, do you have a picture from a few more feet away? Did you do it with the facia on or off the car? Facia is easy to pull anyways.
I have family coming in this afternoon and right now there is dust blowing all over the place (the bane of black cars) so I will take a better full view pic and do my write up on Sunday. The front Fascia doesnt need to come off. Just the radiator cover.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I mentioned earlier about Headlight Armor sending me a fog light film set, but they were notched like the stock grille openings. They are now sending me a set that I measured for. After the install I will send pics to them and a new set will likely be available to buy that are not notched.

Quick Reply: Street Scene Center Fog Grille