Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

SHR Louvers on, but they made a mess!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:41 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default SHR Louvers on, but they made a mess!

Lol, I'mhaving a hard time getting a clear win here. so i went today and had the SHR louvers installed instead of those roush louvers that fell off twice. The glass guy that put them in made a hell of a mess with that black adhesive stuff. Its all squirting out between the SHR louvers and the gap where the qtr window opening starts. Anyone give me a good way to get in the 1/4" gap and get that black crap off. I'd try a razor blade, but i am afraid I woudl cut the paint. I'll get pics later.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Man, you are having bad luck of late. Hope that improves. Did you ever get your wheels on?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

If I can see close ups pics, I can help you hopefully.
If it's on the paint, it will be a real **** to get off.
Most likely, the job has to be redone in order to clean up properly.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Wow....I'm so sorry to hear all your troubles. Do post some up close pictures so we can see. I think I would be pissed and let the glass guy know about it. Has he ever installed them before?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:03 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Ok pics, hope you can see good enough in these, lighting is poor:

Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Wow....I'm so sorry to hear all your troubles. Do post some up close pictures so we can see. I think I would be pissed and let the glass guy know about it. Has he ever installed them before?
Yeah, the problem is that this place has a bunch of LAZY FUC*S that work there. I can't believe how half *** they do everything. they brought in a glass guy to do these and he just wasn't careful, if you look close you can see a scratch he put inside the gap with his blade,maybe its not a big deal to some, but it is to me.

You know i have been really low key about all this and have yet to throw these guys under the bus and out them by name after all the hell i have been through with louvers, stripes, no one calling me back on prices for stuff i wanted to buy. I am fed up though. this may be a stock GT right now to these guys used to working on show cars and custom one off's, but it won't always be like it is now. It's not asking too much for perfection is it? Or at least not to have a damn mess on my car. i shoudlnt have to go home and clean up thier damn mess.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Mr. Bill
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your luck, but I would be taking the car back and be waiting for their doors to open up and then bitching up a storm about it.

How did you pay for this? if you paid via credit card and this place won't work with you, then file a complaint with your c/c company.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:25 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Bill
Sorry about your luck, but I would be taking the car back and be waiting for their doors to open up and then bitching up a storm about it.

How did you pay for this? if you paid via credit card and this place won't work with you, then file a complaint with your c/c company.
the prob is i am two hours from this dealer, it was covered by tape when i left so i didn't notice it was that bad. with all teh trouble i have had, i should have made them pull it off and show me. with them knowing how i expect things to be done, i never in a million years thought this woudl be an issue AGAIN with louvers. The parts i did see he told me would come off easy. And the original louvers, the roush ones that fell off twice, were part of the deal i made when i bought the car. they threw them in, the stripes, and window tint to seal the deal.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Was afraid of that...

The louvers are too low as well.
It's a redo.
Get your money back and have another glass shop do it right this time.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Was afraid of that...

The louvers are too low as well.
It's a redo.
Get your money back and have another glass shop do it right this time.

Good luck.
yep, louvers are going to have to come off to clean up that mess correctly.

Quick Reply: SHR Louvers on, but they made a mess!