Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Lowering the right way...?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

I didn't need any adjustments on camber at all after I lowered my car on steeda sport springs. The guy that did the alignment on mine said the camber was 100% perfect, and just the toe was out a bit. I guess they improved things on the 2010's a bit, so you don't have to worry about camber as much when you lower them.

My setup: Steeda sport springs, Koni Yellows, BMR Adjustable Panard bar and brace (on order). Wouldn't change it for the world. Besides maybe, some swaybars. Next paycheck perhaps?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by steelcomp
It's funny...you spend thousands on useless cosmetics...
Why don't you go ahead and tell us that over 90% of the folks on this Forum are stupid then...
Because that's what your comment states pretty much.
And some of us, like myself, make their living with cosmetics.
So for us, it's "Git er done!"

So... "Heeere's yer sign" champ.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

It seems to me that all the springs available do almost nothing.

My goal would be to get rid of any and all fender gap.. and to do that it seems like a good 2.5-3" would be needed.

Something easily acomplished with a set of coilovers on a japanese car... but The mustang's suspension intimidates me, I have no idea whats going on. and would like to learn..

For someone who is trying to go with a much more signiificant drop than 1.5" on a set of springs... what would be the right way to do THAT?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

The right way?

lol, I just bought springs. That's it. Of course you must get the car aligned afterward, but I haven't had any issues. Tire wear is even, handles great, launches great and I went lower than most with FRRP K-springs. Don't let the internet scare you into buying things you don't need.
Originally Posted by starbai
.. but The mustang's suspension intimidates me, I have no idea whats going on. and would like to learn..

For someone who is trying to go with a much more signiificant drop than 1.5" on a set of springs... what would be the right way to do THAT?
Don't be scared of mustang suspension. It's easier than any import I've done suspension work on. The rears are silly easy, and the fronts are as simple as an older Civic, like an EG.

I would guess if you wanted to tuck some tire, you'd need some better struts that can take the reduced stroke, some really low springs, and a rear sway bar relocation bracket to keep the geometry somewhat close to stock in the rear.

Last edited by replica; 06-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It seems to me that all the springs available do almost nothing.

My goal would be to get rid of any and all fender gap.. and to do that it seems like a good 2.5-3" would be needed.

Something easily acomplished with a set of coilovers on a japanese car... but The mustang's suspension intimidates me, I have no idea whats going on. and would like to learn..

I agree with replica...
Don't get intimidated because the car is new to you.
Read as much as you can from different Forums (no need to join all of them) and see what is the general idea for what you want to do.

Go to the handling section and ask questions there...
Lots of folks race those cars and they'll know how to guide you.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

So guys, I finally got my 5.0 and I'm looking to put sportlines on it.

I've been reading up a lot, and getting a lot of advice from different forum members, most of which are telling me not to do sportlines... But also been reading threads from people who have em' and they dont seem to mind em' much.

I'm okay with the decreased 'comfort'

So as for how to accomplish this task, I've been told everything from, camber plates and pan hard bar with heavy duty brace for sure... but also,

conflicting reports on bumpsteer kits, adjustable upper 3rd link, shocks/struts, adjustable rear lower control arm and lower control arm relocation brackets, Front lower control arm relocation bar.

Also does anyone know if Tokico D specs are available for the 2011's yet?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So guys, I finally got my 5.0 and I'm looking to put sportlines on it.

I've been reading up a lot, and getting a lot of advice from different forum members, most of which are telling me not to do sportlines... But also been reading threads from people who have em' and they dont seem to mind em' much.

I'm okay with the decreased 'comfort'

So as for how to accomplish this task, I've been told everything from, camber plates and pan hard bar with heavy duty brace for sure... but also,

conflicting reports on bumpsteer kits, adjustable upper 3rd link, shocks/struts, adjustable rear lower control arm and lower control arm relocation brackets, Front lower control arm relocation bar.

Also does anyone know if Tokico D specs are available for the 2011's yet?
decreased comfort is one thing, compression fractures is another. lol, jus tput some decent dampers on it and you may be ok. koni yellows are awesome.