Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

$4000.00?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Figure roughly 10-12 hours to install @$75/hr
Old 07-24-2010, 08:21 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I just looked over the install today..Looks about as time consuming as the Vortech V3 non-intercooled but more steps because of the heat exchanger as well as a few other minor modifying of stock parts ( no biggie). Pretty sure I'd be able to get it all together in about a day from morning til evening.. the only problem is shipping the damn PCM lulz.

It's a great kit imo.. if you only have $4k to spend, it's a bargin by far, and NOTHING you bolt on will achieve the same amount of whp, other than Nitrous.

If you want the warranty, have a ASE certified tech install it.. but do it yourself and do the 500hp VMP tune as well
Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
grabbergt10

finish the exhaust with a nice se of headders and x pipe. get the frp3 suspension package from ford racing. and some wheels and tiers.

would hold off on the blower till you are sure you want to get it blown and not a bunch of guys on a forum who cant get it done theirselves.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:51 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabbergt10
finish the exhaust with a nice se of headders and x pipe. get the frp3 suspension package from ford racing. and some wheels and tiers.

would hold off on the blower till you are sure you want to get it blown and not a bunch of guys on a forum who cant get it done theirselves.
Making friends quickly I see...

Out of the three of us to suggest it, two have done it "theirselves", they also have some "tiers", Jed.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

^lmao that is some funny sh*t right there.
To the op nice car man, my suggestions for spending your hard earned mod money are cai/updated tune, window tint for sure, lower it with roush extreme kit, nice rims/tires at least 19" or 20", silver horse racing fuel door in black with gt logo just released, street scene center fog grille, instead of the roush fascia how about the cdc chin spoiler or adding the california special there is a kit out there now for cheap, ad some powerdome stripes there is a guy on ebaymotors that will make them in several colors and say whatever you want like 4.6 350hp etc. Just some ideas and totally my own opinion btw

Last edited by 3.73-11; 07-25-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I just looked over the install today..Looks about as time consuming as the Vortech V3 non-intercooled but more steps because of the heat exchanger as well as a few other minor modifying of stock parts ( no biggie). Pretty sure I'd be able to get it all together in about a day from morning til evening.. the only problem is shipping the damn PCM lulz.

It's a great kit imo.. if you only have $4k to spend, it's a bargin by far, and NOTHING you bolt on will achieve the same amount of whp, other than Nitrous.

If you want the warranty, have a ASE certified tech install it.. but do it yourself and do the 500hp VMP tune as well
They are really quick with the PCM. I overnited on Friday, they Received it on Monday and had it back to me Tuesday morning.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Orion ZyGarian

Your car looks beautiful as is. I say save up for something that matters...like a blower!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabbergt10

Check sigs before you pop off sparky. Some people should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to buy a computer.

OP, the general consensus from a bunch of folks around here that know their handling is that you can put together components for the same price as that FRPP suspension kit that will perform better. Talk to Sam Strano if you decide to go with suspension and other stuff before the blower. FWIW when i had my 05 I had all the money together for a blower at once and opted to do visual mods, wheels, tires, and other stuff rather than performance and ultimately wished I had done the blower first. If you are into performance then the blower first is what I suggest. It's much harder to come up with a big sum all at once for a blower than to come up with small sums for the other parts. If you have questions about the M90 there are several of us here with the blower just ask. You do get to keep your warranty with the kit, which is a huge plus.

if the warranty doesn't matter to you you dont have to ship the ECM to roush, you can go have a dyno tune instead and get more power. The roush tune is very conservative. Just don't drive it to get the tune

Last edited by ShaneM; 07-25-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ not to thread jack, but is the warranty for 3 months or 3 years?? I looked over the install yesterday and could have sworn it was for 3 months only (??), if that's the case, I might go ahead and do the 500vmp tune right from the get go
Old 07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

you could find a car that runs 12s all day for 4k

Quick Reply: $4000.00?????