Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

New Goodies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Cool New Goodies!!!

I got a bunch of new stuff for the car. I had a 2005 ford focus i just sold so some of that money is goin to the stang

Mods are JLT CAI and SCT Tuner from American Muscle, steeda underdrive pulleys, pypes cut and clamp x-pipe, 3.90 gears, 3d500 rear spoiler, Saleen faux gas cap delete decklid panel, hood struts, and steeda sport rear springs. and a new license plate

Cant wait to get it all and have it all done. I'll keep everyone posted and post a dyno as well as video when its all done

Heres the Intake installed

Heres the tuner plaque - comes with the tuner

Heres the Saleen Decklid Panel

Steeda Sport Rear Springs ONLY

New Plate

The xpipe is on. i didnt notice any sound difference or power difference. oh well its nice to have lol. Hood struts are installed too and i love them! Got them for $75 new from cjponyparts.

All thats left is the 3.90 gears (picking up the car today), underdrive pulleys (have them just need to install them), and the 3d500 spoiler (on backorder, will get it around the 24th of august).

Last edited by iceguyb14; 08-05-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Looks nice. I don't know where you're getting your 3d500 from thats back ordered but www.dgcustomauto.com has them and do good paint work. I just ordered mine the other day.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

nice....
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

got it from cjpony parts for $244 shipped. they said 3dcarbon has been taking about 28 days to dropship them
Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Ahh thats cool. Thats actually about 30 bucks cheaper than what I payed.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

yeah about $30 cheaper than anywhere i could find lol.

on a side note, picked up the car today. gears installed, work fine, but whine :/
Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 AM
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

I just put a UPR catted x pipe tonight and the sound difference is amazing it sounds beautiful with my muffler deletes and is fairly loud. looks good i love the rear of your car
Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

thanks!

im takin the car back to the shop in the morning. the gears shouldnt whine like they do. im gonna have the shop take the ring and pinion out, and make sure the serial #s match. if they do, then im going to have them install it per the installation instructions included with the kit (not just "the way theyve always done it").
Old 08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Oh hey, I noticed in the other thread that you said you changed the rear valance without removing the tail lights. Mind telling me how you did that? I'm doing mine as soon as it comes and I'm gonna have a hell of a time removing the lights because my trunk looks like this lol-

they are molded fiberglass and don't think I can easily move them out of the way to get to the far outside bolts. Your way can save me a ton of extra work.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

^hey bro you do NOT have to remove the tailights to swap your rear valance I have done both my 2010&11 gt500 swaps without removing the tailights there is rubber around the bottom of the taillights which helps seal the gap between them and the bumper so you can pop out the rear bumper without removing them and or worrying about scratching your paint.

Not sure if a write up is out there but to remove your rear bumper of your 2010/11 mustang you will need the following tools.
1. 1/4"drive socket set with multiple sockets and a philips head bit simply pick the right socket drive to fit the philips bit into, using that remove the 3 philips head screws on each side of your rear wheel well, by doing it this way you will not have to remove your wheels to get at these screws!
Once you remove those go underneath the rear bumper and using 1 large flat head screwdriver simply pop up and out the two push pin connectors on the bottom of each side of the rear bumper. Make sure to have can or something else handy to store all the removed hardware in
Then going inside your trunk space you unscrew the two top connectors of the panel that covers your tailights and using the large screw driver or a pair of needle nose pliers*if you use the screw driver you without a rag wrapped around it you will scratch your panels finish just ask me how I know* if you use the needle nose pliers you will pinch the heads of the connectors but they will reform upon re-installation* anyways pop out the two push in flat head pins on the lower section of this panel.
Once that's done you lift up the cover and looking down to your right side simply unhook the wiring harness for the rear side markers&license plate lights you will need to do this as the harness does not have enough play from the factory to allow you to remove the rear bumper.
Once all this is done simply pull the rear lower bumper section carefully away from the car pulling out each side first then straight out from the top, their are if I remember correctly 6 push in tab connectors on the top of the bumper section, after it pops free then pull the disconnected wiring harness out with the rubber grommet.
Doing this it helps tremendously to have another person with you to get the bumper off without it touching the ground.
Then set the assembly down on a blanket or large piece of cardboard to keep you from scratching the paint.
You will need to remove your license plate as well to allow the lower section to separate*should be two 10mm bolts*after doing this you will need the screwdriver as their are several push pin connectors on each side of the inside as well as if I remember correctly 4 total Philips head screws to remove and you will need to pop out several wiring harness push in connectors to enable the removal of the lower section.
Now using a friend to help you hold the upper section pop out the lower section this takes a bit off effort because the lower section uses a bunch of push in tabs along the center as well as the aforementioned connections.
Once its out simply reinstall your new dual exhaust fascia using the reverse procedure.
When ready to remount it to the vehicle don't forget that now on the bottom you will have 2 extra push in connector tabs if like me you did not receive any push in connectors or have any handy simply either cut them off or use a couple of zip ties to secure these tabs to the vehicle.
FYI on the 2011 even though it has the stock 2010 gt dual exhaust rear lower bumper it does not have the dual tabs that the gt500 diffuser has so cutting them off is up to you entirely!

Last edited by 3.73-11; 08-06-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New Goodies!!!