Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Lovin the 3D500 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
the flap is painted a satin black like the rear valance, front lip, side skirts, etc. and the rest of the spoiler is painted gloss black.

thanks!

they had 10% off last month

OK so did you have to pay extra for that, I am assumign not. I ask because none of the pics I saw on their site for the grabber blue or other colors had the flap painted a different color. Is the flap removable by chance like the actual GT500 spoiler, perhaps the pics are just lackign the piece.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
JeremyAlan
2nd Gear Member

looks great man. this will be my second appearance mod right after HID's
Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
OK so did you have to pay extra for that, I am assumign not. I ask because none of the pics I saw on their site for the grabber blue or other colors had the flap painted a different color. Is the flap removable by chance like the actual GT500 spoiler, perhaps the pics are just lackign the piece.
Yeah I didn't pay extra for it.. And no it's not removable. Honestly I don't care though, it still looks the same lol

Originally Posted by JeremyAlan
looks great man. this will be my second appearance mod right after HID's
Thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
Yeah I didn't pay extra for it.. And no it's not removable. Honestly I don't care though, it still looks the same lol

Thanks!
you bought yours from DG? i just talked with the guy there and he said that they don't ship the gurney painted anything other than the same color as the spoiler. anyhow, it looks great. I'm going to pick on eup maybe later this month. I just ordered my MGW shifter finally and ordered up the CDC chin and roush side splitters.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM
JeremyAlan
2nd Gear Member

@ShaneM I'm jealous! be sure to let us know how the MGW feels. I was really considering it. does MGW provide dynomat with their shifter?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! I got mine from cjponyparts.com and it is dropshipped from 3dCarbon painted.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

I have the same spoiler, I was worried at first but it really is 99.9% identical to the Gt500 spoiler. The paint was a perfect match, the only issue I had was like you said, getting the damn, stock spoiler off haha. I felt bad like prying it off and you have to be real careful when cutting the glue with a razor blade. I took a cardboard box and used pieces of it as wedges almost to hold the spoiler up as I went along cutting the glue. Then once you get the damn spoiler off its even worse trying to get off all the factory glue haha. But I feel the car looks so much better the this spoiler over stock. Prob one of the best appearance upgrades you can do to these cars.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by livinloud98
I have the same spoiler, I was worried at first but it really is 99.9% identical to the Gt500 spoiler. The paint was a perfect match, the only issue I had was like you said, getting the damn, stock spoiler off haha. I felt bad like prying it off and you have to be real careful when cutting the glue with a razor blade. I took a cardboard box and used pieces of it as wedges almost to hold the spoiler up as I went along cutting the glue. Then once you get the damn spoiler off its even worse trying to get off all the factory glue haha. But I feel the car looks so much better the this spoiler over stock. Prob one of the best appearance upgrades you can do to these cars.
yeah i just tell people its the gt500 spoiler. it looks good and basically is. and yeah getting that stupid adhesive off took like 10 min and gave me like 4 blisters on my fingers lol
Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
equake

looks great! do all of the factory spoilers have the same mounting holes? I have a 2011 c/s and dont care for the spoiler at all. does anyone know if i'll have holes in the trunk if i replace with the gt500 spoiler?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

OK so here is the deal with this spoiler. DG buys the spoilers from 3DCarbon unpainted and paints them themselves. If you buy the 3D500 spoiler directly from 3DCarbon, they always paint the gurney flap flat black no matter the color of the spoiler. the gurney is not removable no matter where it comes from. i am waiting on a price directly from 3Dcarbon and I will let you all know once they clarify that. However, if the spoiler at CJ pony parts is $272, that will get you the spoiler with the black flap if it comes from CDC directly.

Quick Reply: Lovin the 3D500 Spoiler