Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10silverstang
Okay let me know about the shipping if your friend is cool selling it to me $60 or if it's plus shipping.

Yeah I figured I would get popping no matter what, I always did with my old car when I switched out the exhaust lol, so what do you think about my previous post guys? About the shop saying it's too close to the fuel line and gas tank to put another pipe to do the dual set up? He said he was almost sure it was a risk to do a dual set up...anyone have this issue b4 or know what this guy is talking about?
As far as risk etc.....I think he's a bit un-educated lol

I know several people who have high horsepower/high heat exhaust cars.....NO PROBLEMS
I don't have problems
I think 100 sounds like a good price though, watch him and make sure he does a good job when you have it done. make sure he is gonna use MANDREL bends! lol
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Also as far as I know....the gas tank is the EXACT same in GT's that come stock with duals....and fuel lines....can't imagine ford would have designed them differently from the GT/V6 BEHIND THE ENGINE BAY....IE, they are likely run through the same parts under the car.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

installed my pypes system a few weeks ago , I already had the gt take offs , so I got the kit ( x pipe , d.s.and p.s. pipes and all clamps) for 270. plus shipping from N.T.O. everything went together pretty good , absolutely zero drone , actually got a compliment from a saleen owner , telling me it sounded good ! and they dropped shipped it , ordered it on wed. 3:00pm got a call from ups next day at 1:00 pm saying I missed my shipment !!!! incredible
Old 10-28-2010, 06:43 AM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
10silverstang, LISTEN to me go with NTO you will not be sorry! I have no reason other than being totally satisfied with my setup, to promote a company that will not even post my positive comments on their site! Why I have no f*cking idea but that's their issue! There is only one comment about the NTO true duals for the 10 V6! I should be getting paid by them with all my recommendations on their kit!bite the bullet you will not be sorry!
Alright bro, I'm gonna listen to you...you really have nothing but great things to say about this exhaust system so what other info would I need lol...thanks bro, I'm going to pick this up as soon as I get a chance too.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Hey man that post was after a few drinks! Sorry about the rant! The advice Zach is giving you is correct, and cheaper! the hard part is finding the right shop with the right technology to do a good job like I said you want Mandrel bent pipes not crush bent, NTO comes mandrel bent. I went with the NTO kit to avoid headache of finding all the pieces myself, I'm happy I did!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Hey man that post was after a few drinks! Sorry about the rant! The advice Zach is giving you is correct, and cheaper! the hard part is finding the right shop with the right technology to do a good job like I said you want Mandrel bent pipes not crush bent, NTO comes mandrel bent. I went with the NTO kit to avoid headache of finding all the pieces myself, I'm happy I did!
LMAO! It's all good, it happens...no worries. Yeah that's true and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the time and headaches of finding a shop that can do it and get all the pieces together. At least if I get the NTO system I can just take it to ANY shop for install.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

No Magnaflow love?!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Yea, it took me about 3 months to get all the stuff I needed. But If I had the money I would have just gotten the NTO kit.....just less hassle.
But I also have been doing business with the exhaust shop that I had the work done at for a while now....since I was 16, and i'm 21 now haha.
I'm getting Mac Flowpaths sometime soon so I'll be sure to post a soundclip when I do!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Don't know if the original poster worked a deal out or not. Next week I'll have my 2011 v6 axle back and rear valance available. I should have all the packaging to ship it out quickly as I've ordered the Roush valance/exhaust combo.

Let me know if there is an interest.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrxified
Don't know if the original poster worked a deal out or not. Next week I'll have my 2011 v6 axle back and rear valance available. I should have all the packaging to ship it out quickly as I've ordered the Roush valance/exhaust combo.

Let me know if there is an interest.
I haven't purchased it yet but I decided on going with the NTO dual exhaust but I would definitely want to buy the rear valance off you. Do you have any pics of it? I wish the 2010 V6 was dual exhaust like yours lol...let me know how much you would be willing to sell me the rear valance for or PM me and let me know, shipped to Monterey Park, CA 91754 thanks buddy. This will fit the 2010 V6 right rear bumper correct? It's the exact same body?

Quick Reply: I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6