Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Default I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6

First I have to say thanks to conejo172 for getting my head on straight about going duals on my v6 lol, thanks buddy lol...

so anyways...

I really want get a dual exhaust system for my 2010 v6 stang...I'm thinking of going with the newtakeoff.com true dual exhaust system since it comes with GT mufflers, and everything else needed to convert it and for really cheap...less then $400! Does anyone know of any better deals or similar? I've heard good things about these Newtakeoffs.

Anyone else know which ones would sound good and around the same price?

Also is anyone on here selling a GT rear valance? I need that dual cut out lol...let me know guys and girls, thank you. I did find a good price on the valance on a website but just want to know if someone on here might be selling there's for cheaper.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

they have the valance as well
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt...ance_2010.aspx
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Yeah I saw that one, that's the one I was talking about as far as a great deal online lol...I just wanted to see if maybe someone on here is selling there's for maybe cheaper
Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

10Silverstang, No problem bud! Enjoy
Old 10-27-2010, 02:52 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
10Silverstang, No problem bud! Enjoy
conejo172,

Someone on mustangevolution.com said that the NTO true dual has gotten a lot of bad reviews, but then again there's is an 05 model so maybe they were bad back then? I haven't heard one bad review about the 10-11 models, plus you have it and have nothing but good things to say about it...hmmm? That person said they picked up dynomax or something like that?
Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10silverstang
conejo172,

Someone on mustangevolution.com said that the NTO true dual has gotten a lot of bad reviews, but then again there's is an 05 model so maybe they were bad back then? I haven't heard one bad review about the 10-11 models, plus you have it and have nothing but good things to say about it...hmmm? That person said they picked up dynomax or something like that?
And I responded to his comment (I'm Lonestar over there) the problem he was referring to with the pypes kit from American Muscle, many people complained about horrible drone. That guy didn't do to much research and assumed that because Pypes makes the x-pipe and over axle pipes for NTO that it was the same.

I have noticed your posts on several sites, and I understand not wanting to make any bad purchases. I am the same, which is why after months of going crazy listening to videos on YT decided to take the plunge with the kit from NTO. I figured that the most important part was to actually get the true duals, and if I didn't like the sound then I would just have to change the mufflers. I personally love the sound and the fact that there is no drone. I have heard a lot of different exhausts on 4.0's from people I know in the multiple car clubs I'm in, some sound good some are horrible. Like I said I have been complimented by GT owners that say sounds really good for being a V6!

The price is right, they sound great and look great!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Honestly,
Like I said in your other thread..... You should just buy some GT takeoff mufflers from someone here or locally for cheap (I got mine free, you can find GT takeoffs for 60 dollars give or take 10 bucks) Once you have the mufflers, take your car to an exhaust shop and have them fab you up an H pipe and a driver side over axle pipe (shouldn't cost more than 110-120 dollars).
You'll also need driver side exhaust hangers(got mine for cost of shipping *$5*)
After all is said and done you'll be in for under $200, the key is shopping around and not getting in a hurry

I have a friend selling his GT takeoffs for $60 if you're interested...just PM me and let me know on that.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
And I responded to his comment (I'm Lonestar over there) the problem he was referring to with the pypes kit from American Muscle, many people complained about horrible drone. That guy didn't do to much research and assumed that because Pypes makes the x-pipe and over axle pipes for NTO that it was the same.

I have noticed your posts on several sites, and I understand not wanting to make any bad purchases. I am the same, which is why after months of going crazy listening to videos on YT decided to take the plunge with the kit from NTO. I figured that the most important part was to actually get the true duals, and if I didn't like the sound then I would just have to change the mufflers. I personally love the sound and the fact that there is no drone. I have heard a lot of different exhausts on 4.0's from people I know in the multiple car clubs I'm in, some sound good some are horrible. Like I said I have been complimented by GT owners that say sounds really good for being a V6!

The price is right, they sound great and look great!

Yeah I saw your responses lol...and I agree with you that the only way to go is with true duals but now I'm torn between getting the NTO for less then $400, or do what kona6stang10 is saying. By the GT mufflers off him for $60 then having a muffler shop make me the over axle pipes and hangers and everything else I would need being is that would be cheaper. I wonder if it would sound as good as yours though? What do you think? Or what does anyone else think about that?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kona6Stang10
Honestly,
Like I said in your other thread..... You should just buy some GT takeoff mufflers from someone here or locally for cheap (I got mine free, you can find GT takeoffs for 60 dollars give or take 10 bucks) Once you have the mufflers, take your car to an exhaust shop and have them fab you up an H pipe and a driver side over axle pipe (shouldn't cost more than 110-120 dollars).
You'll also need driver side exhaust hangers(got mine for cost of shipping *$5*)
After all is said and done you'll be in for under $200, the key is shopping around and not getting in a hurry

I have a friend selling his GT takeoffs for $60 if you're interested...just PM me and let me know on that.

Do you get a lot of compliments with the way yours sounds? Are you using the GT mufflers on yours? Is that $60 including shipping or $60 plus shipping?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10silverstang
Yeah I saw your responses lol...and I agree with you that the only way to go is with true duals but now I'm torn between getting the NTO for less then $400, or do what kona6stang10 is saying. By the GT mufflers off him for $60 then having a muffler shop make me the over axle pipes and hangers and everything else I would need being is that would be cheaper. I wonder if it would sound as good as yours though? What do you think? Or what does anyone else think about that?
He is correct, Since you already have the passenger side pipe, you technically only need the drivers side over axle pipe and either X or H pipe, hangars, clamps.

The beauty of the NTO kit is that it is complete and you don't have to search the world over looking to piece your exhaust together. Not saying that his option is wrong and yes it is cheaper. If you can find a good exhaust shop to fabricate the pipes and MANDREL Bend them vs wrinkle bend the pipes!

Quick Reply: I want to dual out my exhaust on my '10 v6