Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

CDC chin Spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:32 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chidrock
I wound up getting a new CDC spoiler because I scrape mine too. I am the only one who notices it, but it drives me nuts. I have it sitting in my attic because I am debating on whether I should just wait until the weather is warmer. (instructions call for warmer temps to help the glue settle)

Just curious, but how hard was it to install those lights? Thx...
I would wait for the warmer weather, I had to put a new piece of 3m tape on one of my sides that hold to the bumper, and because of the cold weather its starting to peel off again. I honestly think I am going with the roush front fascia and the black accents like in the above pic ^^..

And as for the foglights, when they say plug n play they literally mean it. Hardest part about the whole install is finding a place to mount your ballast, but once you find a good spot everything is very straight forward.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 AM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I would wait for the warmer weather, I had to put a new piece of 3m tape on one of my sides that hold to the bumper, and because of the cold weather its starting to peel off again. I honestly think I am going with the roush front fascia and the black accents like in the above pic ^^..

And as for the foglights, when they say plug n play they literally mean it. Hardest part about the whole install is finding a place to mount your ballast, but once you find a good spot everything is very straight forward.
Thanks for the quick response! The HIDs are something that I've been on the fence for a while about. I was thinking about getting the 6000's to go with the color of my car.

Okay, back to the topic at hand...

Going by the spoiler I already put on, I'm not sure it would be possible to go through a cold winter without having the tape come apart. Maybe it's due to the wind resistance up front there. At least there's a couple of screws to help hold it on.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
lol that is pretty funny, but thanks you just made me drop the hammer on the fascia for xmas
I think I've done my job, lol Are you going to paint the fascia like the car in the pics? That is what really makes it stand out, with the black paint. I can't wait to see your car with that front end,
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
I think I've done my job, lol Are you going to paint the fascia like the car in the pics? That is what really makes it stand out, with the black paint. I can't wait to see your car with that front end,
Well its seems as if you did lol. And yes I am painting it exactly the same way as in the pictures, but probably not installing it until the spring. I cant wait to see how it would look though especially with fr500 stealths
Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chidrock
Thanks for the quick response! The HIDs are something that I've been on the fence for a while about. I was thinking about getting the 6000's to go with the color of my car.

Okay, back to the topic at hand...

Going by the spoiler I already put on, I'm not sure it would be possible to go through a cold winter without having the tape come apart. Maybe it's due to the wind resistance up front there. At least there's a couple of screws to help hold it on.
Yeah i love the way the 6k looks with the grabber blue. And yeah my tape came apart in about a week of the cold we've been having here, but im just gonna go with the roush front fascia instead of a new chin spoiler, even as much as i love the way it looks.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

You wanting to sell your current chin spoiler? Wanna send me some pics of the scraped up parts if you will sell it?
Old 11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

I got mine from the For Sale section. Paid 180 for it and installed it in less then an hour.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burns331
You wanting to sell your current chin spoiler? Wanna send me some pics of the scraped up parts if you will sell it?
I am probably not going to sell it until the spring when i install the roush fascia but when I do I will post pictures here if I remember, as well as the for sale section.