Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Sterling Gray, V6 PP, Roush body kit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
damn that sht is clean man...

I love the roush front end... Im getting jus the billet grilles for now but would love to upgrade later to the same front end.

Do you plan on keeping the rims or getting some diffferent ones?
Thanks. I'm keeping these for the winter. I've covered them with some Michelin Pilot Alpin's and they've been a riot so far in the snow.

I just picked these up last week. They'll be my summer set. I know they're a little heavy but I can't resist the look. I think they'll look boobies with the kit and lowered an inch.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrxified
You're a sick man Ace. If I catch you humping my ride through the Magnaflow catback we're going to have a problem.
Oh, so I can hump everything but the catback? In all honesty, your car is beautiful dude, and I love the way it looks with the rims and stock ride height. Thats just me though.

Did you see the black version of those rims you bought? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-FOR...s#ht_500wt_956 I think they would have gone with the look of your car much better, but that is just me cus I don't have a love for chrome. Not my car though

I am jealous of your V6 :/
Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

excellent choice.. and yes they look great with the car lowered. Do you put anything in the trunk to add weight when driving in the snow?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

excellent choice.. and yes they look great with the car lowered. Do you put anything in the trunk to add weight when driving in the snow?
No weight in the trunk needed. I just watch it taking off at lights but even if I'm tooling around town and hit it a little to hard at a light the TC and Stability Control does a great job keeping her on track.

It feels very stable at highway speeds in the snow. My boy and I went over to the church parking lot yesterday morning before dropping him off at school. It was a fresh snow. Turned of the traction and stability control and did some doughnuts. He loves doing doughnuts.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

In the church parking lot??? Nice! And I didn't mean to offend If I did by saying I was jealous of your V6, I didn't mean V6 in a bad way, mine is a v6 too
Old 12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrxified
No weight in the trunk needed. I just watch it taking off at lights but even if I'm tooling around town and hit it a little to hard at a light the TC and Stability Control does a great job keeping her on track.

It feels very stable at highway speeds in the snow. My boy and I went over to the church parking lot yesterday morning before dropping him off at school. It was a fresh snow. Turned of the traction and stability control and did some doughnuts. He loves doing doughnuts.
Thats pretty cool, good to know if I do ever get stuck in some snow. Lol at the doughnuts.. Im sure you told him not to tell mom
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
In the church parking lot??? Nice! And I didn't mean to offend If I did by saying I was jealous of your V6, I didn't mean V6 in a bad way, mine is a v6 too
No offense taken. Nothing for us V6 owners to be shameful of. Not that I wouldn't have more fun in a 5.0 but I'm loving life as it is already.

Thats pretty cool, good to know if I do ever get stuck in some snow. Lol at the doughnuts.. Im sure you told him not to tell mom
Mom is used to this. She gave up years ago trying to get me to stop coming into our driveway sideways at 30 mph between November and March. She thinks the neighbors get pissed. I just remind her it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Did you see the black version of those rims you bought?
Missed this comment. Yeah I saw the black ones. Almost pulled the trigger on them. I like them and went back and forth on it. I think in the end I'll like the lighter ones.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Ah well, just remember once you get put the chrome wheels on, you can always take them to get powder-coated if you don't like the shiny chrome look. Wouldn't be able to do that had you got the black wheels and later decided you liked chrome ones better.

And yes, the V6's are for once nothing to be ashamed of!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

dayum that looks real good.

however your almost at the price point of buying the Dub edition that comes with all that.

regardless still bad ***.

what exhaust do you have ?

Quick Reply: Sterling Gray, V6 PP, Roush body kit.