Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Lets see your Dark Stainless Grille

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:50 AM
mcstang12
1st Gear Member

Default Lets see your Dark Stainless Grille

Im thinking about doing this upgrade sometime after xmas and i want to get some better pictures of it. if anyone has a kona blue stang with a dark stainless grille, pics would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I don't have Kona, but I do have the Dark Stainless.

Here is a MCA 2011 V6 with the Dark Stainless Grille, Kona Blue (Photo By MF User cobryson)

Old 12-19-2010, 02:10 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

droooooollllllllll
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Here is the Roush grill.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Shadow_Chaser
1st Gear Member

I've read in some threads that the grilles from Ford are actually plastic with a 'polished' or 'stainless' finish (ref. plastic chrome bezels for A/C ducts, and various interior accessories). Has anyone checked their grille to verify... seems expensive for a big piece of plastic.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, it's just plastic. I don't mind though, I still love my grille.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
1984 anniv

Ace,

How hard was it to install? Did you have to take the entire front bumper off of the car or can you just remove the radiator cover to access the grill?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Shadow_Chaser
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Yeah, it's just plastic. I don't mind though, I still love my grille.
Oh I love the grille too... but it's just like looking at my 'brushed aluminum' dash on my premium stang... you begin to wonder what's real... I love the look and spacing on the ford grilles... I'm just hoping someone makes a similar grille in billet aluminum, similar to the roush, but in a polished or brushed look... shelling out ~$285 for the Ford piece just doesn't seem right, given the material, though I must admit... it looks great on your stang.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I had Ford put it on my car when I ordered, but I have read that you must take about the entire front bumper to swap out the front grille.

Roush has the installation classified as Novice Difficulty with general installation time being 1 hrs 30 min.

Here are the instructions from Roush on how to install their grille, should be the same general procedure for installation of the Ford OEM billet type grille that we are all talking about.

http://store.roushperformance.com/im...473_manual.pdf

I wish I could be more help, sorry man.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:43 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow_Chaser
Oh I love the grille too... but it's just like looking at my 'brushed aluminum' dash on my premium stang... you begin to wonder what's real... I love the look and spacing on the ford grilles... I'm just hoping someone makes a similar grille in billet aluminum, similar to the roush, but in a polished or brushed look... shelling out ~$285 for the Ford piece just doesn't seem right, given the material, though I must admit... it looks great on your stang.
Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think as long as it looks great and you like it, it doesn't really matter what it is made out of. Plus, if you wait for someone else to make a version of it out of real metal, you might wait forever.

Live for now, not tomorrow

Quick Reply: Lets see your Dark Stainless Grille