Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

What Color Stripes Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm.... I think i just might go with the Red Stripes..
Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

I thikn you should lower it and get your chin put on first......then worry about what you think will look better....the car will look completely different once it's lowered and has that chin on it
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

True... im going to install everything tomorrow morning and ill update you guys with some pics
Old 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

I was so close to buying a white one with red interior. I would have put white wheels on it too. Go with the red!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

When I put the cursor over the topic and read the brief description and saw white powder coated rim I thought FAIL! But when I saw the picture of your car its definitely a WIN, now as far as the stripes I would recommend matte black GT500 stripes. Will match the rockers and rear valance! BTW where did you get the wheels and what are they called?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Radioguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kixsters
I have a white 5.0 sitting on white powdercoated 20s with some Lowering Springs and the CDC Chin on my garrage waiting to be installed. Yet I want to add some Racing Stripes to it but im debating between Black, Red, Or Blue.
What do you guys thik would look better or should I just leave it like that & add my Springs & Chin?

Take a look at this website http://fordcustomgraphics.com/mustang.php?type=coupe

You can pick the color of the car and try different kinds of stripes. After you pick the stripe you want to see you can pick the color. The srtipes are sold through Ford, but you can just see what you like and then by the stripes anywhere.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

dont get any because any color will look stupid since you powdercoated your wheels white
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JWButler14
dont get any because any color will look stupid since you powdercoated your wheels white
really? lol your the only person that has talked bad about the white wheels since I got them... plus I didn't know that It was a mandatory to have black or silver rims only to match a specific color of stripes .. fyi, since there is less color combination on the car it will actually look better and any color stripe will stand out more
Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by T8Stanggt
I was so close to buying a white one with red interior. I would have put white wheels on it too. Go with the red!
in my opinion its more common to see black on black or white on black... I really don't see white on white that much ... I have gotten so many compliments on my 5.0. with this color theme
Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
When I put the cursor over the topic and read the brief description and saw white powder coated rim I thought FAIL! But when I saw the picture of your car its definitely a WIN, now as far as the stripes I would recommend matte black GT500 stripes. Will match the rockers and rear valance! BTW where did you get the wheels and what are they called?
They are Sportmax and the model is xxr502, I ordered them off a catalog in a local rim store.
I initially bought them for my Roush and ordered them in 20"x10"s all around but I sold the sold and kept them. Their two piece wheels and their super light way lighter then my old Roush wheels...

Quick Reply: What Color Stripes Should I Get?