Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Sick of the snow? Check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I has not snowed a single flake here in Texas! Less than 10 freezing nights, and even then, just barely under 30degrees, and only at night. During the day, every single day this winter, it got ABOVE freezing, and almost everyday of January, we had highs in the 60s or above. Friday, it was pushing 80!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
You sir, are a bastard lol. I just got done shoveling the front of my house. 60+ inches of snow so far here in Jersey, and we have another big snow storm coming this week. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ou-cringe.html
Holy S$%t! That's a lot of snow. Between that and the taxes you pay, it's time to move!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:46 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Redfire6er
Every year I keep saying that I'm moving south. I think this winter might have put me over the top. Now if I can convince the wife to follow me...............
I lived in upstate NY for 25 years and I never had a really nice car just because of the winter weather. Our house was at the top of a pretty steep hill and during a snow storm my wife got stuck at the bottom and had to walk 3/4 of a mile to the house. I was out of town at the time, and she called me up in frustration while she was walking up the hill and said...

We're getting out of this F%^$%^ing place. And the very next spring we sold the house and were gone.

It was good timing anyway. Both kids were finished with high school and the great recession hadn't hit yet so we got a good price for the house. And my job requires 100% travel so that wasn't an issue. So here I am in SC!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I hope all you guys in warm sunny areas get painful sunburns!! My cars are tucked away...polished and ready to go...but with the snow...ice...rain...sand on the roads...going to be awhile...maybe April....LOL
Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Forecast for NY today is sunny with a high of 35. Planning on doing an ONR wash at noon. God I hate winter in NY.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Sorry to be a smartass, but I can't help it.

Weather forecast for my area: it was supposed to rain, both Saturday & Sunday, and we were supposed to see just a pinch below freezing at night.

Did it happen? HELL NO!
Sunny both days, and today, 83 (EIGHTY THREE!!!!) degrees!
:icon_tongu e:
Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

well if it makes you feel any better I am in Pichilemu Chile, surfing on some monster waves! The waves today in Punta de lobos were around 5m tall (no I did not ride those)

I do miss my mustang though
Old 01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by incorrigible
Forecast for NY today is sunny with a high of 35. Planning on doing an ONR wash at noon. God I hate winter in NY.
LMAO, if it wasnt for your post I wouldnt have known how nice it was outside. I washed my car today WOOO! Looks all shiny now lol. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rty-clean.html Sorry I gotta keep bringing you guys to another forum to see my pics. This one wont let me post pics. Im guessing because I dont have over 50 posts yet?

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Sorry to be a smartass, but I can't help it.
Weather forecast for my area: it was supposed to rain, both Saturday & Sunday, and we were supposed to see just a pinch below freezing at night.

Did it happen? HELL NO!
Sunny both days, and today, 83 (EIGHTY THREE!!!!) degrees!
:icon_tongu e:
I feel sorry for you in the summer. If its 83 now itll be in the hundreds. I swear if its boiling hot this summer after this crappy winter im gonna be pissed lol. I love the cold, I just dont like the snow lol.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
LMAO, if it wasnt for your post I wouldnt have known how nice it was outside. I washed my car today WOOO! Looks all shiny now lol. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rty-clean.html Sorry I gotta keep bringing you guys to another forum to see my pics. This one wont let me post pics. Im guessing because I dont have over 50 posts yet?

I feel sorry for you in the summer. If its 83 now itll be in the hundreds. I swear if its boiling hot this summer after this crappy winter im gonna be pissed lol. I love the cold, I just dont like the snow lol.
dont rain on us southern guy's parade just yet. if i recall correctly it gets unbearably hot up by you over the summer as well....always hated buffalo in the summer... all of the heat...none of the beaches of florida.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

I don't even remember the last time I drove my Mustang further than getting it out of the garage and parking it in front of the house.

Stupid snow / ice / cold weather lack of traction.

I'm just glad my 2005 Focus DD / winter beater has a 5 speed, otherwise I'd probably have hanged myself out of boredom while driving.

Quick Reply: Sick of the snow? Check this out.