Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Which color did you pick and why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

My 2010 is White for many of the same reasons posted. I had a 2006
in Sliver. I think is another great color. Lighter color cars are easier to
maintaine. Black is the most awasome but you need a lot of time to take care
of them. Good luck !
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Grabber Blue, I actually was looking for a Kona Blue to take the place of my True Blue 03 STX.
I saw the Grabber Blue and the Kona was out although the Sterling Grey was always a Close Second to both colors of Blue.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Sterling Grey because it looks better than all the other colors.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Tex-can
1st Gear Member

My last mustang, 2007 v-6 convertible was white. Not what I wanted. I wanted black! But it was a demo and they gave me a good price on it. This time when I went in for an 11, I wanted black as that was what I wanted in the first place. They had a Candy Red and not black. Really nice color, and they were making me a good deal on it. But I told them they would have to paint the black plastic to match the rest of the car. They weren't to excited about that. So I ordered the black, and so glad I did. When clean it just looks so sexy! Oh ya, when I ordered the black the way I wanted it, they found one a few towns away and had it the next day.
My intent was Black with Matte Black strips, but after reading about waxing the strips I decided to go with no strips.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tex-can
My last mustang, 2007 v-6 convertible was white. Not what I wanted. I wanted black! But it was a demo and they gave me a good price on it. This time when I went in for an 11, I wanted black as that was what I wanted in the first place. They had a Candy Red and not black. Really nice color, and they were making me a good deal on it. But I told them they would have to paint the black plastic to match the rest of the car. They weren't to excited about that. So I ordered the black, and so glad I did. When clean it just looks so sexy! Oh ya, when I ordered the black the way I wanted it, they found one a few towns away and had it the next day.
My intent was Black with Matte Black strips, but after reading about waxing the strips I decided to go with no strips.
Black was high on my list when I was shopping. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it.

Responding to your comment on the matte black stripes. People have really run into issues when they use a cleaner type of polish on the stripes. Once you burnish the vinyl with an abrasive type of polish you can't undo the shiny finish it leaves behind. I've waxed right over the top of my matte black 3m vinyl twice now with zaino. Not the cleaner version. It's just the pink one for clear coat finishes. When I removed the residue with a microfiber towel it had a slight luster in a couple areas. I simply sprayed them with my Griot's detailing spray, wiped them down and they looked brand new again. This was what the vinyl shop recommended to me when I ordered the kit. No abrasive polishes or cleaners, wipe with detail spray after using a preferred sealant or wax.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Ingot Silver because it's was one of my three preferences and it was available. Other preferences were Kona Blue and Black. I will never have a red car. Grabber Blue just doesn't do it for me. I also considered white because my first car was a white Mustang. Once I saw a white '11 in person I ruled it out though.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Grabber Blue easily for me. I actually went into the dealership with the intention of getting a race red mustang, everything else the same as I have on the car in my sig. The dealership I went to had a sterling grey and nothing else. At the time the refined sterling grey didn't appeal to me, but now I certainly see how some people love it so much. When I was going through the brochure for the 2011s and saw the grabber blue, I instantly fell for it.

The reason I personally like it so much is because it's absolutely unique. No other manufacturer makes a color like it and it easily catches eyes. The other day when I was up at the Chicago auto show, I was getting looks left and right from people walking by and pointing. If I had to pick another color, I would say maybe kona blue or sterling gray.

For me, riding in a white, black, or silver car wasn't an option. They just aren't unique enough for my taste. So unless I were running some kind of stripe package on those, I wouldn't personally choose them.

Also I'd say grabber blue is a pretty good color in terms of low maint. It does take some time, but even when i looks pretty dirty up close and personal, from a distance you can't tell at all which I really like about the color.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Grabber Blue easily for me. I actually went into the dealership with the intention of getting a race red mustang, everything else the same as I have on the car in my sig. The dealership I went to had a sterling grey and nothing else. At the time the refined sterling grey didn't appeal to me, but now I certainly see how some people love it so much. When I was going through the brochure for the 2011s and saw the grabber blue, I instantly fell for it.

The reason I personally like it so much is because it's absolutely unique. No other manufacturer makes a color like it and it easily catches eyes. The other day when I was up at the Chicago auto show, I was getting looks left and right from people walking by and pointing. If I had to pick another color, I would say maybe kona blue or sterling gray.

For me, riding in a white, black, or silver car wasn't an option. They just aren't unique enough for my taste. So unless I were running some kind of stripe package on those, I wouldn't personally choose them.

Also I'd say grabber blue is a pretty good color in terms of low maint. It does take some time, but even when i looks pretty dirty up close and personal, from a distance you can't tell at all which I really like about the color.
I agree with Pdonk, grabber blue by itself is an eye catching color, it is one of the few colors that doesn't need stripes to look great. I would never have gotten a white Stang if it didn't have stripes, white doesn't stand out at all without stripes, the stripes make the whole car pop.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
ewingfly

Black. Because as Henry Ford once stated 'A customer can have any color they want, as long as its black'

Plus I think that no other color shows the beauty of this car as well as black.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ewingfly
Black. Because as Henry Ford once stated 'A customer can have any color they want, as long as its black'

Plus I think that no other color shows the beauty of this car as well as black.
Ditto... The wet look of black when nicely polished and wax is to die for!!!!

Quick Reply: Which color did you pick and why?