Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Use of 2 colors; opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

Default Use of 2 colors; opinions...

This is my '11 kona blue stang with performance white stripes; what do you guys think about putting white louvers, mirror covers, and maybe even a bigger white spoiler on it that are of the performance white variety?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Mac 5.0

Different color spoilers look odd IMO, maybe a white racing stripe if your trying to add more white? also how big of a spoiler are you thinking? not too big i hope?

to everyone there own tho.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

i was thinking this spoiler; http://www.carid.com/2011-ford-musta...ler-83278.html and then the white mirror covers+louvers, i dont want to add anymore white stripes....photoshop would probably be nice but in the meantime think about my car w white accessories; what do u think? tacky?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 PM
powersamped

I think you'll have a hard time making it all flow if you throw a bunch of addons.

For example:

http://autocarinterior.com/wp-conten...ce-525x334.jpg

If you did something like that, with the hood "bump" painted white, then a C stripe/roof white, THEN I think white Silver horse racing louvers would look great.

Or a dark grey like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/...e0fe8b33d8.jpg

would look good with some grey SHR louvers.

In the end, I think if you keep a stock (no wheels, springs, fascias, etc) mustang, and add a bunch of off colors, it will be difficult to determine the "theme" of your car.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

youre right amped, im having a very hard time choosing accessories and cant really determine a "theme", i dont plan on doing anything else paint wise, as for louvers i was thinking these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-0509.html i think performance white louvers would make a really nice contrast; visualize it and tell me what you think
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

It could work. but if you do too much you might look like those people who buy body kits but don't bother to paint them.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangisSwag
This is my '11 kona blue stang with performance white stripes; what do you guys think about putting white louvers, mirror covers, and maybe even a bigger white spoiler on it that are of the performance white variety?
No to all 3. Sometimes you can pull off a black spoiler on a lighter car but I think white louvers and all would look weird
Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tex-stang
It could work. but if you do too much you might look like those people who buy body kits but don't bother to paint them.
yeah you guys are right; i might be trying to add too much white, i guess ill buy a blue spoiler and MAYBE a pair of white louvers-im really set on these-but i plan on adding glossy black rims with chrome lip or something like that so ill have to be careful if it's all gunna match together
Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 AM
powersamped

Those louvers are nice, but they're huge. I would say grab them if you were gonna paint the top half of your car white. Finding something that doesn't look like one of those cars with picknpull different door colors and such is going to be VERY hard without other paint addons and wheels.

What I did with my previous car (I just got an '11 sterling gray Gt) is add stuff that wouldn't make me hate looking at it during the long process it took to add all the mods.

When people saw it like this ^ they had no clue that it was not even 1/3 of what I wanted to do with it, but I wasn't unhappy driving it around thinking how ridiculous it looks unfinished (except for the 1 exhaust port filled)

So I went:
Gt body kit, except side skirts and added a CDC front lip and a black billet grille.
Wheels, and tires (I should have lowered it at this point also)
Then dual exhaust ( I drove around a long time with only one exhaust port filled.
Then I did the paint stuff, steeda matte black stripe on the hood, the rear decklid, and the lower lip of the Gt rear fascia was painted matte black. ( I had a nice mate black finish all the way around the bottom of the car) and a hood scoop, and a pedestal spoiler, painted matte black.
- I should have done tint as one of my first mods, and after what I have in these pictures if I were to keep the car, would be lowering springs, rear and quarter louvers, and I think it would be finally finished

The point is, if you start with louvers, I think you will be upset that it looks like an unfinished project.

Last edited by powersamped; 05-06-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Ryan™
Banned

less is more

Quick Reply: Use of 2 colors; opinions...