Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Replacing the Pony/Mustang Badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 PM
heroic_bacon

Default Replacing the Pony/Mustang Badge

Hi, I recently bought a 2011 V6 Mustang and noticed that the Pony badge was on the back trunk (where it would say "GT" if it were a 5.0). My only issue with this is that it looks remarkably similar to the SMU logo, and I'm a Longhorn. Is there anyway I can remove it and replace it with a Longhorn badge? And if necessary, anyway to switch the front pony badge as well? Not sure if it will look good, but keeping my eyes open for options.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

The only way that I know of is to buy the Roush emblem.. which is essentially a blank plate with a Roush sticker. Instead of using the Roush sticker, just find a sticker of the Longhorn with the right dimensions and stick it on there

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1477
Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by heroic_bacon
Hi, I recently bought a 2011 V6 Mustang and noticed that the Pony badge was on the back trunk (where it would say "GT" if it were a 5.0). My only issue with this is that it looks remarkably similar to the SMU logo, and I'm a Longhorn. Is there anyway I can remove it and replace it with a Longhorn badge? And if necessary, anyway to switch the front pony badge as well? Not sure if it will look good, but keeping my eyes open for options.

Thanks!
Despite the SMU logo being a running pony similar to the ones on the mustang, I think you are the only longhorn that is concerned about this issue.

If you want to be different and do the rear faux gas cap with the Longhorn logo, that would be unique. And if you really want to get rid of the Iconic running grill pony, there are billet grills that replace the stock grill. Check americanmuscle.com they have a variety of options.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Here's something I did. I used the Roush plate like mentioned above, and went to a graphics shop and had a vinyl sticker made to fit over the top of the roush plate/disc.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:28 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Here's something I did. I used the Roush plate like mentioned above, and went to a graphics shop and had a vinyl sticker made to fit over the top of the roush plate/disc.

I like that idea, although being army myself...I won't start the interservice harassment. Did you spray your decklid panel yourself or have it painted professionally? I am considering getting the CDC panel that removes the faux gas cap and painting it Kona to match the car. Dunno how it will look, but in my head...it looks sweet.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TruMac
I like that idea, although being army myself...I won't start the interservice harassment. Did you spray your decklid panel yourself or have it painted professionally? I am considering getting the CDC panel that removes the faux gas cap and painting it Kona to match the car. Dunno how it will look, but in my head...it looks sweet.
If it was Army/Navy game time then maybe My first taste of the Army was when I went to Airborne school. Had no idea what "hooah" or "the front leaning rest meant". Good times!

As far as the decklid goes.... Initially, I did paint it myself and it looked great. I ended up getting it repainted later to match the silver my body shop guy used when he painted my flames. It's really easy to do though. Just use adhesion promoter, several light coats (rattle can) of whatever color you're using, and several coats of clear over the top. It looked professional for sure.

Last edited by discodave; 07-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

What is the LINK from Ford Mustangs and the USN?
I dont get it.
I think a USN bumper sticker would serve the same purpose....
Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
I dont get it.
The link is that he served his country and is proud to show it. Some people don't like bumper stickers btw.

OP, I think the decal store is the best bet for what you are looking for. Or if you are handy with photoshop you could try to make your own.

http://www.webxtremes.com/transformersdecals.htm

I have heard that if you email this site (above) they will make you any emblem you want.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

I dont get it.
What is there to not get? Why does there need to be a link between Ford and the Navy? Maybe just being proud of having served his country would be enough, something that less than a percent of the population does...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:11 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I dont get it.
Innocent question, no worries..... I chose to design my own because I wanted to personalize the car more. Personally, I don't like the pony logo back there, and if I had a GT I wouldn't want the "GT" there either. It's obvious that it's a Mustang, so no need to have the stock logo back there. It's just another way to customize my car and give it more of a personal touch.

And, yes, bumper stickers are friggin' hideous and ruin the look of a nice car, but that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm still serving my country and have been for the last 18 years

Last edited by discodave; 07-08-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacing the Pony/Mustang Badge