MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010-current S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section-132/)
-   -   To stripe or not to stripe??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section/644383-to-stripe-or-not-to-stripe.html)

Maine-iac 06-09-2011 08:01 PM

To stripe or not to stripe???

Hi All,

JUst picked up my new 2010 Mustang GT. Back in the saddle again and it feels great! Last 'stang I had was a '91 GT.

My new car is a GT Premium coupe in Candy red metallic. The car is just awesome! I am getting ready to have the windows tinted and a clear bra installed. But first I need o decide if I want stripes or not. If I do stripes, it would be 3M vinyl dual 10" over-the-top Shelby style in metallic silver.

I'm in the fence because I really like both looks. The stripes are classic and aggressive looking. But I love the clean look (especially in candy red) - it looks mean and stealthy.

Need to decide before I have the clear bra put on. Any thoughts or experience that may help me make my decision?

pdonket 06-09-2011 08:09 PM

I personally love stripes on mustangs, hence the reason I have them on mine :). I do have to say that if I were to do it all again, I might replace my current ones with the dual OTT ones like you have in mind.

Only piece of advice is that I hear silver striping often provides the most problems, so personally I'd suggest thinking about going with white stripes!

britt12640 06-09-2011 08:10 PM

Pics of the car? Don't know how I feel about silver stripes on a red car but sounds like it has potential. If you wanna see how it looks post a pic of your car in the chop shop section and ask the guys over there to photoshop the stripes on there so you can see if you like it or not.

SN... how does the clear bra thing work. Just something they spray over the regualr paint/clear coat? how much on average?

pdonket 06-09-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by britt12640 (Post 7577162)
Pics of the car? Don't know how I feel about silver stripes on a red car but sounds like it has potential. If you wanna see how it looks post a pic of your car in the chop shop section and ask the guys over there to photoshop the stripes on there so you can see if you like it or not.

SN... how does the clear bra thing work. Just something they spray over the regualr paint/clear coat? how much on average?

The clear bra is an application of thin plastic pieces that are adhered over the bumper/front hood regions that get the majority of bug hits along with tar and rock kick ups and then you can easily wipe away the mess without it touching the clear coat at all.

Maine-iac 06-09-2011 08:25 PM

Will post picks soon. I've seen siver on candy red before - looks pretty stout.

The clear bra is a clear plasit film applied to the leading edge of the hood, leading edge of the fenders, headlights and bumper/air dam. It prevents most rock chips and is nearly invisible. I had it on my last car and it worked great. Very pricy though - about $500-$600 installed. Don't tackle it yourself unless you've done it before. It's a bi_&*ch to install!

Maine-iac 06-09-2011 08:27 PM

Nice ride - the stripe looks great on that blue. I think color has a lot to do with whether a stripe package looks good or not. Definitely looks good on yours....

D'prived 06-09-2011 08:48 PM

If it were mine I'd stripe it. Always loved the Mustang with stripes.

StreetGhost 06-09-2011 09:41 PM

I would vote for stripes! Then put the 2011 CS front valance on it and a roush grill insert....

7gtthrilla 06-09-2011 10:29 PM

I'd like to see a pic of the stang

Tanner05 06-10-2011 03:29 AM

Silver stripes on that color looks great.
I say go for it.