Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

High Power LEDs in the Reverse Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 PM
j_marinelli

Default High Power LEDs in the Reverse Lights

This is my second set I have tried and by far are the brightest LEDs I have seen. They are a 5watt LED with a projector style housing.

This picture is a side by side comparision of my old LEDs (on right side) and the new LEDs (on left side)

Im really happy with them but man they were a tight fit in getting them into the housing. They wont even fit my Fiesta tail lights
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

part #?

where'd you get them
Old 07-30-2011, 03:29 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Nice Subtle improvement there love it.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 AM
j_marinelli

Originally Posted by Tylus
part #?

where'd you get them
I actually sell LEDs and other lighting accessories on another forum for Infiniti's (car I had before my mustang). The LEDs I got from my overseas supplier to see how they worked and more or less wanted feedback on them.
That being said, I didn’t create this post to try and sell a product but show a unique option we have for our cars. I currently don’t have plans to sell these LEDs anyways due to the larger size which will not work on all applications. Plus they aren’t that cheap at 50-55 for 4 bulbs needed for the reverse lights.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

So they work on yours but with no info given, it is not an option for others...........
Old 07-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I get that you aren't in it to sell them...but I'm always down for more light when I'm backing up. My driveway is 1/2 between 2 light poles (you know, the dark spot) on my block. With all the kids and their crap, it'd be nice to see a little better at night when backing up.

Can you point us at anything similar? eBay perhaps?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 AM
j_marinelli

Originally Posted by Tylus
I get that you aren't in it to sell them...but I'm always down for more light when I'm backing up. My driveway is 1/2 between 2 light poles (you know, the dark spot) on my block. With all the kids and their crap, it'd be nice to see a little better at night when backing up.

Can you point us at anything similar? eBay perhaps?
I did a quick search on Ebay and came up with identical ones but they claim to be 7 watts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-T1...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

I don't know what the stock wattage is but if the stock is 5 and you run 7, you are at risk to melting alot of stuff including housing. Can you shine some insight J?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM
j_marinelli

Originally Posted by emin
I don't know what the stock wattage is but if the stock is 5 and you run 7, you are at risk to melting alot of stuff including housing. Can you shine some insight J?
standard wattage on the halogen bulbs are around 17 watts. These LED bulbs will get hot if left on for long period of time, but it shouldnt be an issue since the bulbs are only on when you are backing up (a few seconds at a time)
Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

I usually buy my LED lights from v-leds.com for anyone that needs another 'source' to look through.

Those who REALLY WANT SERIOUS back up lighting without changing the look of the car (adding rear fog lights)

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p7516915.html

Quick Reply: High Power LEDs in the Reverse Lights