Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

I wish I hadn't done that...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Default I wish I hadn't done that...

so bad news...
First: I don't consider myself a crappy driver, just normal but with a curse.
Second: I thought the curse had passed.
Third: I was wrong......

My story starts with a 1990 Bright Red Mercury Cougar. Awesome car for a 16 year old. Not my first car(1982 Oldsmobile gutless sierra, parents gave away to family), or my second(1986 F-150, sister drove this for a while, then I did, then she did, then I did, etc... ), and it wasn't even my car. My parents had it and didn't think it was worth trading in when they got a new car, same with the other cars.

Well this is the first of my Bright red cars got totaled. I hit a light pole, $3800 in damage, car was worth much less. Good news, I fixed it and it passed safety inspection and it only cost $115.

Second vehicle to get wrecked: 2003 F-250 Bright red. I was driving in Wyoming going home for Christmas and I hit some black ice. 35" tires and a V-10 going up a hill with cruise control(black ice, didn't realize it was there, I was 17 almost 18 at the time), started going up the hill, touched the gas to keep the speed up, tires spun, fishtailed, slid down side of hill into farmers ditch, truck rolled over completely, landed on it's wheels, we all got out and no real damage was done to the 4 people inside except bruises. Truck was totaled out.

Next story: My grandma gave me a broken 1972 Honda cb175(I think) with a bright red paint job, I fixed it mostly, had a shop make it run right, then I drove it to work one day and it melted a piston. it never ran again, and I sold it to a shop and they parted it out for ebay. I still have the melted piston.

Latest story: I thought my red vehicle curse was broken because I drove a dark red F-250 for a while without any incidents. so I got a 2013 Race Red GT. I guess I should have gotten black or green or blue or anything but red.
I went home to utah for christmas and while doing a u-turn, foot on the gas enough to make the turn, and the car stopped turning halfway through and went straight for a tree.
Well not too much was damaged, I need a new bumper, headlight and fender, and maybe some connector pieces. so... here are the pics because I know that

So... anyone want to trade a GT for my red GT? Insurance is fixing it so you wouldn't have to worry about the damage, thinking of getting an aftermarket bumper but I can't find any that fit the 13.

Oh and my wife and I were just fine, no airbags or anything. One place said about $3200 worth of damage.
Attached Thumbnails I wish I hadn't done that...-8343672877_c7aa0a0dd6.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Do not buy Red Vehicles again, Period.
Glad you are OK though, good luck and it will be good to go after it is fixed.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ticopowell
so bad news...
First: I don't consider myself a crappy driver, just normal but with a curse.
Second: I thought the curse had passed.
Third: I was wrong......

My story starts with a 1990 Bright Red Mercury Cougar. Awesome car for a 16 year old. Not my first car(1982 Oldsmobile gutless sierra, parents gave away to family), or my second(1986 F-150, sister drove this for a while, then I did, then she did, then I did, etc... ), and it wasn't even my car. My parents had it and didn't think it was worth trading in when they got a new car, same with the other cars.

Well this is the first of my Bright red cars got totaled. I hit a light pole, $3800 in damage, car was worth much less. Good news, I fixed it and it passed safety inspection and it only cost $115.

Second vehicle to get wrecked: 2003 F-250 Bright red. I was driving in Wyoming going home for Christmas and I hit some black ice. 35" tires and a V-10 going up a hill with cruise control(black ice, didn't realize it was there, I was 17 almost 18 at the time), started going up the hill, touched the gas to keep the speed up, tires spun, fishtailed, slid down side of hill into farmers ditch, truck rolled over completely, landed on it's wheels, we all got out and no real damage was done to the 4 people inside except bruises. Truck was totaled out.

Next story: My grandma gave me a broken 1972 Honda cb175(I think) with a bright red paint job, I fixed it mostly, had a shop make it run right, then I drove it to work one day and it melted a piston. it never ran again, and I sold it to a shop and they parted it out for ebay. I still have the melted piston.

Latest story: I thought my red vehicle curse was broken because I drove a dark red F-250 for a while without any incidents. so I got a 2013 Race Red GT. I guess I should have gotten black or green or blue or anything but red.
I went home to utah for christmas and while doing a u-turn, foot on the gas enough to make the turn, and the car stopped turning halfway through and went straight for a tree.
Well not too much was damaged, I need a new bumper, headlight and fender, and maybe some connector pieces. so... here are the pics because I know that

So... anyone want to trade a GT for my red GT? Insurance is fixing it so you wouldn't have to worry about the damage, thinking of getting an aftermarket bumper but I can't find any that fit the 13.

Oh and my wife and I were just fine, no airbags or anything. One place said about $3200 worth of damage.
Ice on roads is a PITA. Which is why I am glad I live in Houston. We rarely ever get snow. Well we are expecting sleet tonight..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Dang first 2013 I've seen that's been wrecked. Glad you and the wife are okay! Although I don't blame you for buying red cars cause they're mighty fine, I think you need to get a different color from now on! How about white? ^.^
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Sucks about your car... I have always stayed away from RED because of it being a cop magnet, just once I bought a 2006 Mustang in RED, and in all my years of Mustang driving, it was the only Mustang I owned that earned me a speeding ticket. =O(

Glad you and wifey are ok, but yeah, time to stay away from RED, try SGM =O)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I'm never getting red again. Does anyone know where to get a 2013 front bumper? I'm wondering if I can get it cheaper aftermarket, but everywhere I look they only have 12 and below... Unless I buy A full body kit. Thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

I had an 06 sgm(Sterling grey metallic?) That I traded in for this one. I wasn't a huge fan of the color, I would either want black or dark green if I got to pick again. And I don't like white, in my experience black is easier to keep clean than white, but those were trucks.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Or.... maybe you are just a crappy driver.

Glad you're okay though.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Stanley Wright

Sorry buddy.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

That sucks, but happy to know you and the Wifey are OK and the damage is not significant. Next vehicle, don't choose RED. ;-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I wish I hadn't done that...