Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Couple Mod Questions

Old 08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
xTriggerx

Default Couple Mod Questions

Hey guys just got my white '10 a few weeks ago and I want to tweak a couple things, wanted to know what you thought.

I am thinking about getting some smoked tail light, 3rd brake light, turn signal light, and 1/4 marker light kits from American Muscle, the website that is. Do you guys think that would be cool?

Then I was planning on doing window tint, Maryland allows 35% legal, so I think I'll go to 20% or so? Hmmmm?

I also am kinda stumped on stripes. I want my car to be different, not like the typical two stripes from hood to trunk. But maybe thats the better option? Or do you guys like one big? Two with the smaller border ones? Not entirely sure about what i want to do. I was thinking also maybe of getting custom rocker stripes made. That say "Trigger" in them but with the Mustang font? Anyone know where I could order that from?

And finally I really want and Autobot symbol on my car, don't know if i want the little ones right behind the front wheel wells. But I KNOW i want the faux gas cap for the trunk. My problem is that i can only find a '05-'09 one that has the lock on it, I was wondering if that would still work, or even if there was a 2010 model.

Let me know what you think guys and sorry if this is a lot and thank you in advance!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like I could have sold you my 2011 performance white V6 before I traded that in for my GT lol.

Had 35% tint, BORLA ATAK mufflers, exact smoked tint package from American Muscle plus magnetic decklid panel, and split spear hood stripes that are non traditional.

Check out my thread here to see more pictures:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-to-share.html

As for the custom lettering for the rocker stripe that looks OEM, I've seen someone with a sterling grey Mustang that had Ford Racing lettering. Also there is a guy on here that had a custom billet badge for his ProCharged V6.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

I have never been a fan of white cars. Until I saw what some of yours look like.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Wow, really? Thank you Mighty!

Are you a fan of black cars? If not, I may be able to persuade you

Old 08-27-2011, 08:29 AM
xTriggerx

Wow Derek that is awesome! I like the look of your car a lot. I think I saw your car on another thread, i remember one of the pics. I like the hood spears a lot. How does the magnetic deck lid hold out? I was concerned about it because normally when you put something magnetic on a car it gets real nasty and messed up in the end. Also did you plastidip your rear bumper? That looks like something I could do to mine. I would post pic of mine but I'm sure you know exactly what it looks like since you basically had the same one.

Anyone know anything about a 2010 Autobot faux gas cap?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by goodfun_gt
Wow, really? Thank you Mighty!

Are you a fan of black cars? If not, I may be able to persuade you

Yup. My 2010 GT was black and my 2012 GT might as well be black because it's lava red.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

The magnetic panel is for good for what it is. Still looked new 8 months later after I traded in. Held up through extreme heat, cold, and rain, but it doesn't fit perfectly. If I still had the car, I would have just plasti dipped the edges of my trunk lid and then put the magnetic panel over so it looks perfect.

I did not plasti dip my rear bumper, perhaps you meant spoiler? I did plasti dip that.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:43 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mighty
Yup. My 2010 GT was black and my 2012 GT might as well be black because it's lava red.
When I got to my hotel in Cali I saw a Lava Red just like yours so I pulled up next to it for a second to take a closer look before proceeding to park way in the back. It's a nice color and looks about black on a cloudy day and I absolutely love the interior color to match.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by goodfun_gt
When I got to my hotel in Cali I saw a Lava Red just like yours so I pulled up next to it for a second to take a closer look before proceeding to park way in the back. It's a nice color and looks about black on a cloudy day and I absolutely love the interior color to match.
It's a fantastic color, that's for sure. I've got some pics up with the new hood on in my "Need help finding a new hood" thread if you want to see. One of them is a close up in full sun.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:54 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Forgot to add this pic.

My GT on the right:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couple Mod Questions