Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Meet Spider! (caution very large image)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Default Meet Spider! (caution very large image)

I finally received delivery of my 2012 5.0 last week! Named her Spider since I find at least one spider on her every time I go to get in the car. There is a forest behind my apartment complex and I think they may have her confused for a God. Here she is...

I'm so happy with her that I don't even want to do any mods right now. Although I did apply 30% tint and wish I did 20%. It's funny how I just spent a month and a half figuring out what I want to do, and now that it's here, I don't want to touch her. Though I know that will change...

I just want to say that I ordered this car without even seeing a black mustang in person, and without seeing the non-premium interior (I have black cloth). I couldn't be happier. It looks nicer than I ever imagined. For anyone who is on the fence about whether or not to spend the extra dough on the premium package, I would highly recommend NOT. I am installing a sick audio system next weekend which includes a double-din NAV. It will blow the Shaker system out of the water. For the price you pay for leather (which imo feels and looks like cheap pleather), a generic NAV, and a sub-par Shaker audio system, you can install your own killer system and NAV, and still have a few thousand extra to spend on things like tint, alarm, CAI, exhaust, etc. Or if you really wanted to, you could supercharge it for close to the same cost. So if money is tight, I strongly recommend ordering a base model and installing the bells and whistles yourself. The only thing you can't really save money on I suppose is the pleather. But I think if you saw the black cloth in person you wouldn't have a hard time making that decision. With that said, I'll post my interior pics next week so you all can see how the cloth interior looks with a custom audio system.

Cheers.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Very nice.
Love a black Mustang.
Like the part about the spiders too.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Go big or stay home! Lol nice ride though.
I opted for premium.I looked at both and much preferred the premium.I like the leather,they way it feels and the way it smells,I like the dash gauges better,the shaker 500 is plenty for me,I'd rather listen to my car rumble down the road anyway. I like the Sync with bluetooth and sat radio.I also like the power adjustable seats.
Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

congrats on the car, very nice.

when i got my black 06 back in late 05 brand new off the dealer lot, i didnt have the option to get everything i wanted with it because there werent many left.

i made sure when i ordered this car i got absolutely everything that i wanted, and almost every option available.

if you saw my interior in person im sure you would like it.

Last edited by Maraman; 09-19-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. Hey, don't get me wrong the premium package is nice. I never said it wasn't. I just wanted to share my experience with people who are on the fence about spending the extra dough. The base model is nicer than what they might expect and it may be more cost effective to add your own bells and whistles. Having ordered the car without even seeing the base model, I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Mjolneer

Looks great!

What brand are you going for on your Navigation Unit? I'm having a hard time deciding what's worthwhile, since I'm also upgrading from the plane jane audio system.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Looks great! I see a black and red theme in your future! (to go with the spider name)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

Love the car it reminds me of mine for the first week I got it, I went with the base model as well (only options 3.73 gears and brembo brakes). I didnt want leather all I wanted was the projectors and nav but $5k to upgrade to premium then extra for each of those parts didnt seem worth it. BUT now to get factory projectors it will cost $1200 per side and I figured I would get an aftermarket nav system but I am not fond of the dash kits that are currently out. So im kinda regretting not going premium.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys.

Mjolneer, I went with the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT

Phantom, I'm not gonna lie.. I was really nervous about the Metra Dash Kit, but once it was in it actually looked really good. The buttons are a tad cheap looking, but the functionality of the kit is solid. The hot chick and the customized text options are pretty cool.

Here is a picture of the dash, as well as a pic of the trunk setup.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

nice man, maybe you should slap a venom decal on the hood, not sure if hes a spider but would look bad ***

Quick Reply: Meet Spider! (caution very large image)