Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Whats the deal with the offset on RTRs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CNFLCTD
I bet if I posted a poll with my clean black 2010 with RTR's versus whatever it is that you call your car (I'll go with Match Box given you already used Hot Wheels), I'd bet 99% choose me. Just saying. Enjoy the snickers from those driving around you dude.... your car looks flat our ridiculous.
I bet if took a pool who is a bigger ***..you would come out on top. So far it seems you do nothing but say your car sucks my car is better..LOL i am guessing your what 16-17
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
CNFLCTD

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I bet if took a pool who is a bigger ***..you would come out on top. So far it seems you do nothing but say your car sucks my car is better..LOL i am guessing your what 16-17
37 actually....and your buddy shouldnt be so hard on other guys cars if he doesnt want it coming back. And for those of you looking for an unbiased opinion on RTR's....this is from today's AUTOBLOG.COM post on the RTR Mustang....

"Our favorite part of the exterior, though, is the RTR's new wheels. The 19 x 9.5-inch pin-spoke wheels were custom-designed specifically for Gittin, and they look fantastic finished in dark charcoal. We don't know why so many tuners immediately install a set of 20-inch chrome wheels on every Mustang they touch, but the old guard would do well to take a page from Gittin's book here."
Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CNFLCTD
37 actually....and your buddy shouldnt be so hard on other guys cars if he doesnt want it coming back. And for those of you looking for an unbiased opinion on RTR's....this is from today's AUTOBLOG.COM post on the RTR Mustang....

"Our favorite part of the exterior, though, is the RTR's new wheels. The 19 x 9.5-inch pin-spoke wheels were custom-designed specifically for Gittin, and they look fantastic finished in dark charcoal. We don't know why so many tuners immediately install a set of 20-inch chrome wheels on every Mustang they touch, but the old guard would do well to take a page from Gittin's book here."
then go hang out over at autoblog..they are nice wheels but the offset of them sucks and I cant stand wheels that even stick out past the fenders 1mm..I think it looks like junk. if they would have had a proper offset of 40mm and made the front 19x8.5 they would be on my car..I guess gittin likes wheels that go past the fenders
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

then go hang out over at autoblog..they are nice wheels but the offset of them sucks and I cant stand wheels that even stick out past the fenders 1mm..I think it looks like junk. if they would have had a proper offset of 40mm and made the front 19x8.5 they would be on my car..I guess gittin likes wheels that go past the fenders
I agree the offset is wrong just like the alcoa supersnake wheels. I say wrong because you cannot run anything wider than 275 on the rear without significantly sticking outside the fender.

That being said I thought they were dead nuts on with a 275. There is a picture of a blue shelby running 275 in the rear with RTR's and it looks great.

In the end,..."To each is own".
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IA Shelby
I agree the offset is wrong just like the alcoa supersnake wheels. I say wrong because you cannot run anything wider than 275 on the rear without significantly sticking outside the fender.

That being said I thought they were dead nuts on with a 275. There is a picture of a blue shelby running 275 in the rear with RTR's and it looks great.

In the end,..."To each is own".
but you would also have to be dead nuts on with a adj. panhard bar as well to get the 275 to fit perfectly as well.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

but you would also have to be dead nuts on with a adj. panhard bar as well to get the 275 to fit perfectly as well.
Good point. I have one so I take it for granted.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:06 PM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

Good Lord, I'm gone for less than one day and this thread turned into a flame-fest and magically fixes itself before I get back. Anyway, I'm leaning 05xrunner's way with the staggered dr-37's. I figure screw rotating the tires, I'll just have to pay the price in however many miles. Now, which make/model tires are you guys running and how happy are you with them? I'm thinking 245 or 255 in the front and 275 or 285 in the rear.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

i got the Hankook V12's in 245/45 front and 275/40 rear..i like them for the little that i actually drive the car.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

Have you heard anything about BFG KDW's? I'm just a complete sucker for their tread pattern lol.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5spdftw
Have you heard anything about BFG KDW's? I'm just a complete sucker for their tread pattern lol.
Totally agree on the best looking tread pattern but I hear they are noisy as hell.

I have the stock goodyears F1 supercars which are only effective when it is north of 90 degrees.

I am looking Continental Extreme Contact. Reasonably priced (comparatively speaking) and excellent feedback. If I drove mine as DD I would get the conti extreme contact DWS.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with the offset on RTRs?