Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Blackout Panel For '10 - '12 GT

Old 02-25-2012, 07:33 AM
tonosity

Default Blackout Panel For '10 - '12 GT

Does anyone know of an alternative to the, now discontinued, CDC blackout panel for '10 - '12 GTs? (i.e., http://shop.classicdesignconcepts.co...-panel-2010-12)

Or, any information on when or if CDC will restart the production on them.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:09 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tonosity View Post
Does anyone know of an alternative to the, now discontinued, CDC blackout panel for '10 - '12 GTs? (i.e., http://shop.classicdesignconcepts.co...-panel-2010-12)

Or, any information on when or if CDC will restart the production on them.

Thanks!
I just tinted my taillights and was thinking about doing a blackout panel and noticed American Muscle is out of stock on the CDC too.

I may go with this one instead.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...anel-2010.html
Old 02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

You would think that just by reading here, that the demand is still high... Why would they fold this product?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM
tonosity

Default Blackout Panel For '10 - '12 GT (Without Badge or Fake Gas Cap)

Why they've dropped the ball on this is a *good* question. Don't know. I do know that the demand for a blackout panel without a badge or fake gas cap is strong. Evidenced by the fact that all the suppliers are out of stock.

And to me, an attractive offering.

Strangely, an alternative, by a competing manufacturer is hard to find, but something I'm hoping exists.

CDC's page does say "temporarily unavailable." Though, I don't know what their real intentions are, or why they'd run completely out of them. Are they waiting for the '13s dimensional specs before ordering another run of them?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

there was already a big thread on this before, they apparently got a new cnc machine or something of the such and are working on fine tuning it. If you contact them directly they are taking pre-orders I believe.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

I'd love for a magnetic panel that is flat black and just covers everything. No holes, no fake gas cap, no GT emblems...just the pretty back end.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:45 PM
tonosity

I've just ordered one through the CDC store, and asked for a rough ETA in the comment field of the order form. I reported back if or when I get a reply.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:36 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking at the 2013, it looks like the rear deck is same as '12 with a factory blackout panel on it. Only question is will this panel fit around the GT emblem on a 10-12 car. If it does fit I'll probably get one of these when they become available.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:20 PM
2011GrabberFL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
I just tinted my taillights and was thinking about doing a blackout panel and noticed American Muscle is out of stock on the CDC too.

I may go with this one instead.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...anel-2010.html
Honestly i would reccomend against that one, i have one of those and i was not impressed at all. The cutout didnt fit the fake gas cap very well, and it felt very flimsy.

I ended up not bothering to put it on and found a CDC on ebay.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
2011GrabberFL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Looking at the 2013, it looks like the rear deck is same as '12 with a factory blackout panel on it. Only question is will this panel fit around the GT emblem on a 10-12 car. If it does fit I'll probably get one of these when they become available.
Went to the Spring Break Shootout yesterday and Ford had their 13' Ford Racing model out there.

Looked long and hard at that area of the car and it seemed to me those new headlight are a bit more narrow then ours. Talked to one of the guys they had at their display, and he wasnt sure (really didnt seem to know much at all sadly) about the fitting but said he thought it would all fit on a 10-12 since all that was changed was the rear bumper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blackout Panel For '10 - '12 GT

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.