Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Car Update (A_Lopez1975)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Thanks Tommy. Well this past Friday I installed some stripes on the front bumper, however, some A$$Smuck let his/her shopping cart hit the bumper so I have to go back to the shop this Friday to get it fixed. More pics to come ;0)
You've got to be kidding? Some people!

Off topic: Not sure we are going to the show this Saturday. It's supposed to rain again anyway. If the weather is decent I may go, but if there is the slightest chance of rain then I'm out. The last one broke me. I was sick for two days afterwards. If it's decent and you are going then give me a ring.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Thanks Tommy. Well this past Friday I installed some stripes on the front bumper, however, some A$$Smuck let his/her shopping cart hit the bumper so I have to go back to the shop this Friday to get it fixed. More pics to come ;0)
mother ****ers...i thought people outside the US knew how to put away their shopping carts. I always see them rolling down the parking lot and bash into a car
also awesome car, we need more pics, MOAR PICS

Last edited by Lem-06; 05-02-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@Yerbuddy: Unfortunately, the wife has me going to one of her best friends wedding this Saturday, but I'm 100% down for 26 May (I think that's the next one). Just received the BOSS 302 Strut Tower Brace Bar yesterday. Maybe sometime before the 26 May, we can get together and install this piece on. Other than that, this Friday, I will get the striped front bumper fixed.

@LEM-06: Yes it it. But honestly that's just my guess. I know it's scratched and I know I wasnt the one that did it. However, this past Weekend I was at the IKEA shopping with the wife and we parked in the underground garage area where there were alot of un-attended shopping carts all over the place.

Other than that, just waiting to get my new tunes from BAMA and I will install the C&L CAI and Tuner..

Will try to post pics before this week is over........
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

@Yerbuddy: Unfortunately, the wife has me going to one of her best friends wedding this Saturday, but I'm 100% down for 26 May (I think that's the next one). Just received the BOSS 302 Strut Tower Brace Bar yesterday. Maybe sometime before the 26 May, we can get together and install this piece on. Other than that, this Friday, I will get the striped front bumper fixed.
Just let me know. 5 minutes to put the strut brace on. Have fun at the wedding...don't drink and drive...lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
Just let me know. 5 minutes to put the strut brace on. Have fun at the wedding...don't drink and drive...lol.
No worries, the wife will be the "DD." Other than that, have to redue the side window louvers, starting to come off, so I plan on taking them off, heat them up to mold them better, then re-install....
Old 05-05-2012, 03:20 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Here are the pics of the added stripes on the front bumper. Only thing is that when standing at a certain angle, it appears off a bit. Not sure if that's normal, but here are the pics:

from these angles the alignment looks perfect

From this angle is appears to be off

just received my new tunes (87 Street, 91 Performance, and 93 Race) so will be installing those shortly
Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 PM
JimC

Looks good, and I understand what you are saying about being at an angle and the stripe looks off. Have the same problem with the small stripe over my windshield. It is perfectly straight, yet looks to lean one way or another depending upon which side of the car you are on.

A painter friend said it is because the stripe needs to be tilted in just a little on both sides for my car. That way it will still be straight looking dead on, and the optical illusion of crooked will be gone when off the to side because the top of the stripe will come in on both sides. The trick of course is determining just how much to bring the angle in toward the top.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it's when I stand in front, directly over, and near the bumper that I notice the stripe being slightly off. But if I move further back standing in front or tilt my head, the stripe is perfect. Overall, I'm content with the change. And with the stripes being added to the bumper, I feel the whole stripe theme is complete.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! You're making me want stripes now.

If you're interested in my black bullitts let me know. I'll make you a good deal on wheels only (no rubber). I'm getting some new wheels in a week or so.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I'm telling you, your Stang would look awesome with some stripes. But I plan on getting them painted in the not so near, yet not so far future. Not really feel'in the Vinyl stripes (bad experiences, ect).

If it's a good deal, you should bring it up at the next car show in front of my wife (put her on the spot where she may let me get them, LOL)...

P.S. I Talked with Greg about the 7th or 9th June Car show in Meinberg, and if I'm correct, the next one in Nurnberg is on the 19th May correct???

Quick Reply: Car Update (A_Lopez1975)