Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

StangMods Issue with Halo Projectors, Question about American Muscle Halo Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10silverstang
Thanks for your input and honesty about the raxiom's but I have decided to go the retrofit route. Can't wait to get those done, hopefully everything will be complete within a few weeks.
Who did you go with? StockD from here on the forums?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Who did you go with? StockD from here on the forums?
Yeaaah buddy StockD is da man lol...he's been very helpful and patient in answering my millions of questions lol, plus he's provided me links to where he orders from and other forums that he's on so I can see more of his work and I'm very impressed. So I can't wait to get my lights to him so he can retrofit my lights as well. He's also fair with his prices, I can't complain.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Yeaaah buddy StockD is da man lol...he's been very helpful and patient in answering my millions of questions lol, plus he's provided me links to where he orders from and other forums that he's on so I can see more of his work and I'm very impressed. So I can't wait to get my lights to him so he can retrofit my lights as well. He's also fair with his prices, I can't complain.
I have to agree. He's answered my many dumb questions and is always on top of things. I'm doing something a little different with a set of Raxioms and can't wait to see what he does with them.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 AM
95beaststang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
The light output isn't great on a smoked set with the standard bulbs we provide. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not what I would want. If you use the upgraded bulbs that we recommend on the product page, it helps out a ton. Enough to the point where I could live with it. Now, if you retro fit an HID kit, you're more than okay!

The real issue is just the smoked lights with a standard, weak, halogen bulb. The non-smoked lights don't have this issue. Hope this helps!

We're sorry that you're not happy with the lights. We'll do anything to keep our customers happy, so just hit me up if you want to exchange/return/etc!

Shane
Good info ..
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
I have to agree. He's answered my many dumb questions and is always on top of things. I'm doing something a little different with a set of Raxioms and can't wait to see what he does with them.
Hmmmm, that's interesting I didn't even think of doing a retrofit with the Raxioms. Post some pics whenever your done so I can check out how your final product looks.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmm, that's interesting I didn't even think of doing a retrofit with the Raxioms. Post some pics whenever your done so I can check out how your final product looks.
I'm probably one of the weird ones, but I actually like the look of the smoked Raxioms. I'm not a huge fan of the halo, but If I don't like it then I'll just disconnect that portion.

At first I was going to just add a HID kit to the projectors, but then figured the HID bulbs would still be put in a halogen projector. Kind of defeating the purpose. StockD gave me the idea of just replacing the halogen projectors and retrofitting them with HID projectors.

I'm sure he'll do a fine job and the benefit (to me anyway) is that I can keep the stock lights for when I decide to sell the car (or for one of those "just in case" scenarios). Every car I've ever modded (not just Mustangs) and sold later on the buyers liked the idea of having all the stock parts. For me it's a resale incentive. I do it with springs, dampers, grilles, etc. Anything that gets modded is saved in my shed for later.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. In my mind they'll look just like Raxioms with true HID projectors...making them work the way HIDs should work.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
I'm probably one of the weird ones, but I actually like the look of the smoked Raxioms. I'm not a huge fan of the halo, but If I don't like it then I'll just disconnect that portion.

At first I was going to just add a HID kit to the projectors, but then figured the HID bulbs would still be put in a halogen projector. Kind of defeating the purpose. StockD gave me the idea of just replacing the halogen projectors and retrofitting them with HID projectors.

I'm sure he'll do a fine job and the benefit (to me anyway) is that I can keep the stock lights for when I decide to sell the car (or for one of those "just in case" scenarios). Every car I've ever modded (not just Mustangs) and sold later on the buyers liked the idea of having all the stock parts. For me it's a resale incentive. I do it with springs, dampers, grilles, etc. Anything that gets modded is saved in my shed for later.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. In my mind they'll look just like Raxioms with true HID projectors...making them work the way HIDs should work.
I figured that's what you were gonna do with the raxioms, not much more to do to them besides switching out for a TRUE HID projector. The light out put should be good from that point.

I'm just like you, I also tend to save my stock parts whenever I decide to trade or sell any of my cars. Plus it makes me more money on the side when I can sell all the mods I bought individually.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

I figured that's what you were gonna do with the raxioms, not much more to do to them besides switching out for a TRUE HID projector. The light out put should be good from that point.

I'm just like you, I also tend to save my stock parts whenever I decide to trade or sell any of my cars. Plus it makes me more money on the side when I can sell all the mods I bought individually.
Meh. The Raxioms looked a little too aftermarket-y for me. I like having OEM headlight retros because it looks stock. No matter what you do with the Raxioms the light still won't be 100% because of the smoked lenses. It'll be way better with new projectors, but just sayin. I paid a good bit to have them done, so why hinder the output? Different strokes...

For what it's worth, I had HIDs in my previous car's halogen projectors. It looked perfect. Different quality projectors (halogen or not) will have different results.

Last edited by BKamp613; 05-10-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
Meh. The Raxioms looked a little too aftermarket-y for me. I like having OEM headlight retros because it looks stock. No matter what you do with the Raxioms the light still won't be 100% because of the smoked lenses. It'll be way better with new projectors, but just sayin. I paid a good bit to have them done, so why hinder the output? Different strokes...

For what it's worth, I had HIDs in my previous car's halogen projectors. It looked perfect. Different quality projectors (halogen or not) will have different results.
Agreed! The reason being is because StockD provided me a link to another forum that he is on, and on two of the pics he shows the comparison with the exact same set up...one with a clear lens, the other smoked and WOW what a difference, and not in a good way when it comes to the smoked lense. The difference in light output was really different. The clear lens was very bright, and the smoked lense wasn't that visible. So that's why I know for sure I would never go smoked on my lense but he is going to be painting the housing gloss black on my stocks.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

Im just going to chime in for a quick sec. The output comparison was done with clear lenses, and then the lenses from the one on the right(see pic)

Ive recently done an 03 cobra's using the lenses on the left. Should have done a comparison of all three. But the output was better then the heavy smoked.

I haven't gotten YerBuddy's lights yet, should be here tomorrow hopefully.So i cant comment on how dark they are. But were going to run a 4300k bulb for max lumnes!

Quick Reply: StangMods Issue with Halo Projectors, Question about American Muscle Halo Projectors