Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Default Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net

I have no idea if they actually work or not, if they do, awesome. I just received them in the mail now, but I figured id give you all a fair warning before you buy from them. First, the way they came packaged is just horrible and unprofessional IMO. All the wires, ballasts, and bulbs are just thrown in a box and thats it. No foam to hold everything in place, no protective wrapping, nothing. Second, they lie. On the site they say that in the kit you get the following.

(2) Double-Sided Heavy Duty Sticky Mounting Pads and/or Mounting Brackets - NOPE

(1) Pack of 10 Zip-Ties - NOPE

(1) Product and Users Manual - NOPE

Take a look for yourself. http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main...roducts_id=446

As for what everything looked like when I opened it. I have pics for ya.
Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net-547283_427097600641703_100000244009155_1591950_1820652151_n.jpg
Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net-576907_427097720641691_100000244009155_1591951_1735963845_n.jpg
Hate away if you think this is a D-Bag move on my part.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 PM
JimC

Have you contacted them about the missing items and about how it was packaged? Might be a good idea before getting off on a rant, maybe they would make things right for you and someone new in shipping didn't follow procedure?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That sucks. Looks like an open box unit that someone else opened and decided to return so they turned around and shipped it to you... I'd call and complain, calmly.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:17 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Have you contacted them about the missing items and about how it was packaged? Might be a good idea before getting off on a rant, maybe they would make things right for you and someone new in shipping didn't follow procedure?
Does it really matter whether or not he contacted them? He got what he got the way he got it. I would be pissed off, too. That stuff ain't cheap. Even if there is some way to "make it right", there's a strong possibility that the parts have been damaged (UPS ain't exactly gentle with packages). This means the customer may have to install, uninstall, and then reinstall, not to mention processing/shipping delays while things are "being made right".

Yeah, I'd be pissed off....
Old 05-12-2012, 07:44 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
Does it really matter whether or not he contacted them? He got what he got the way he got it. I would be pissed off, too. That stuff ain't cheap. Even if there is some way to "make it right", there's a strong possibility that the parts have been damaged (UPS ain't exactly gentle with packages). This means the customer may have to install, uninstall, and then reinstall, not to mention processing/shipping delays while things are "being made right".

Yeah, I'd be pissed off....
Or you could be a normal person and contact the company with your complaints and see if they can ship you a new one. If you think the person who packs things in a warehouse is representative of an entire company, then I don't know what to tell you. Give them a chance to make it right. Be angry if you want, it isn't going to fix the situation at all.

That said, I've had my HIDs on from retro solutions for about a year now and they are still great. So if it doesn't work out with HIDguy, give them a try. They ship in a metal box with foam padding and have a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
Or you could be a normal person and contact the company with your complaints and see if they can ship you a new one. If you think the person who packs things in a warehouse is representative of an entire company, then I don't know what to tell you. Give them a chance to make it right. Be angry if you want, it isn't going to fix the situation at all.

That said, I've had my HIDs on from retro solutions for about a year now and they are still great. So if it doesn't work out with HIDguy, give them a try. They ship in a metal box with foam padding and have a lifetime warranty.
Not sure about you, but when I go to work I'm a rep of the company. So is my boss, and the person that designs the website, and every other employee that works there (even the in-house chick that waters the plants). If the guy that packs the stuff does a **** job, he's repping the company in a **** manor. Even if he's on the bottom rung of the corporate ladder.

If crap packing jobs aren't addressed, I take that as the company not giving a damn about the customer. Which is the entire point of the business. My .02

That's why I buy from DiodeDynamics...

Last edited by BKamp613; 05-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:54 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by BKamp613

If crap packing jobs aren't addressed, I take that as the company not giving a damn about the customer. Which is the entire point of the business. My .02
The difference here though is that the OP didn't contact the company to address the issue. He went on this and several other forums with his complaint. Nothing any one of us can do about it - only the company can handle the complaint. Does HIDGuy "give a damn about the customer"? Don't know since they were never asked to address the problem or made aware of it.

Now if he calls them and they tell him "sorry you are SOL" then it will be a different story.

There is a right way to handle a customer complaint - both for the customer and for the company.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
The difference here though is that the OP didn't contact the company to address the issue. He went on this and several other forums with his complaint. Nothing any one of us can do about it - only the company can handle the complaint. Does HIDGuy "give a damn about the customer"? Don't know since they were never asked to address the problem or made aware of it.

Now if he calls them and they tell him "sorry you are SOL" then it will be a different story.

There is a right way to handle a customer complaint - both for the customer and for the company.
My issue was with the packaging guy not being a rep of the company statement above. That makes no sense.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
My issue was with the packaging guy not being a rep of the company statement above. That makes no sense.
The statement in which LostBoyz said, "If you think the person who packs things in a warehouse is representative of an entire company, then I don't know what to tell you" makes complete sense. The one person that packaged this product is not the sole representation of a company. Yes, he did not do his part to represent them in a positive light but to say the company is terrible because one bonehead mishandles a product is ridiculous! The OP should have dealt with the company first and then brought the issue to the forums if it wasn't taken care of properly. Coming on forums and bashing a company will get you nowhere. Speaking directly with the company and handling the issue politely and privately will.

Based on the packaging I think the Delivery guy didn't do a good job of taking care of that package. Looks like "Ace Ventura" delivered it! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

Last edited by bakerjd; 05-13-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Why anyone would order from anybody other than RetroSolutions is beyond me. The metal case and foam packaging from RetroSolutions really emphasizes the quality of their products.

I've had my RetroSolutions HID fogs now for 3 years and use them instead of my headlights most of the time. I'm trying to extend the life of my factory HID headlights...

Quick Reply: Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net