MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010-current S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section-132/)
-   -   Did some mods to my Lava Red GT with pics. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section/673007-did-some-mods-to-my-lava-red-gt-with-pics.html)

Mighty 05-24-2012 12:23 PM

Did some mods to my Lava Red GT with pics.

6 Attachment(s)
Added the Air Raid CAI with Bama's 93R tune. Installed the CS fascia with fogs. Also added new wheels and tires. Some of the pics are pre-wash.

Attachment 81838

Attachment 81839

Attachment 81840

Attachment 81841

Attachment 81842

Attachment 81843

Next up is some suspension work. Suggestions for what I should do after that?

Oh, and I can't figure out how to update my tune to reflect my new tires. Apparently, I'm supposed to see "Adjust Options", but it never shows up. Do I need to update the tuner? Or just get the tune rewritten?

bigD1515 05-24-2012 12:31 PM

Dude very nice! That color is so freakin cool! Idk how you are about louvers (use the app I showed you) but I think they would look sick because of the color car you have. And I would eventually add some subtle stripes like you were looking at too! :)

Andy13186 05-24-2012 12:46 PM

Never have seen this color, was that a factory option? Also , what hood and spoiler is that?

looks great

Mighty 05-24-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by bigD1515 (Post 7949558)
Dude very nice! That color is so freakin cool! Idk how you are about louvers (use the app I showed you) but I think they would look sick because of the color car you have. And I would eventually add some subtle stripes like you were looking at too! :)

Thanks. Not sure how I feel about them, but I'll certainly check into it. I'm still planning on stripes, but I still can't decide which ones.

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 7949575)
Never have seen this color, was that a factory option? Also , what hood and spoiler is that?

looks great

Yeah, it's a factory option for 2012. The hood is a Trufiber 3" cowl. The spoiler is part of one of the factory packages, but I can't remember which one. It also came with the stick on hood scoop. And thanks.

Order_66 05-24-2012 01:58 PM

LOL....my favorite part is the wheels. makes me HATE my ****ty stock Ford 5.0 wheels. damn it...

Tanner05 05-24-2012 02:10 PM

Very nice!
I love that color and you picked great wheels to set it off.

ZPounds07GT 05-24-2012 03:01 PM

That looks.... Amazing! I have always loved that color. I forgot about it though. Yes, please lower her, she is begging for it with those 20s on there.

Any idea what you are looking for in a drop?

Also for future plans, maybe try some side scoops, I'm not much of a fan on the quarter window louvers personally. But maybe go for more performance after it's lowered.

As for the tune change for new wheels and tires, the "Adjust Options" selection is before you select custom tune I believe. But you can just tell Bama, assuming that is who you went with, they will send you a new tune.

AMWill 05-24-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mighty (Post 7949551)
Added the Air Raid CAI with Bama's 93R tune. Installed the CS fascia with fogs. Also added new wheels and tires. Some of the pics are pre-wash.

Next up is some suspension work. Suggestions for what I should do after that?

Oh, and I can't figure out how to update my tune to reflect my new tires. Apparently, I'm supposed to see "Adjust Options", but it never shows up. Do I need to update the tuner? Or just get the tune rewritten?

Mighty, first off, love the Lava Red! And the front fascia with your cowl hood is plan mean looking.

Now about adjusting for those new wheels. What you want to do is reload your Bama Street tune or Race or ect. Once you select one of the three tunes the very next page that comes up has "additional options" on it. Select that and scroll down to revs per mile and you can adjust the tire size.

Suspension wise I would check out our New SR Springs that are coming in late June. They're a quality product for a killer deal compared to other manufactures. These SR Springs will give your Stang a 1.5" drop front and back for a sick stance. You can already preorder them on our AM site actually. Check it out!

http://muscle.am/Jqqu7F

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. And more importantly enjoy all the new mods!

Shane

bigD1515 05-24-2012 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 7949575)

looks great

The spoiler is the factory GT/CS (California Special) spoiler. I just got one for my car {in my sig} (: they're nice and not expensive at all on eBay!

Andy13186 05-24-2012 07:24 PM

what size are the wheels and tires?