Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Best Appearance Mod for your 2010-13...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:02 PM
B.Richards
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
+1 for lowering. It doesn't need to be slammed, but even a small drop in the S197 completely changes the appearance...not to mention the handling. If you do lower it any be ready for new wheels if you are still riding on stockers.

This thing is a beauty!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Painted rockers and rear is NICE... Looks great..... My car is black, would you paint dull black glossy black to match car?

What did it cost to paint the three items? I plan on a chin painted black, so the front is covered.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:06 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Painted rockers and rear is NICE... Looks great..... My car is black, would you paint dull black glossy black to match car?

What did it cost to paint the three items? I plan on a chin painted black, so the front is covered.

I would paint same as the car...that's what I did on the Ingot. However, that's me...you may want a contrast, but I didn't. What I really like about the whole thing is that all the dimpling is gone. It's now smooth just like the bumper covers, etc.

I also had the CS lower fascia painted at the same time so my entire car matches. I plan on some other things, but haven't quite decided yet.

As for cost I can't really give a decent estimate since I'm stationed in Germany. I had several German body/paint shops give me an estimate before I decided. I also made sure I got a good shop to do the work and insited on a warranty for their work. I would do the same back in the U.S. if I were home. Anyway, get several estimates from quality shops and see what they say. Everything...and I mean everything...is much more expensive here in Germany comparatively. Especially since the U.S. dollar has been crap against the Euro.

This particular shop charged me 900 Euro for the enire car and a few pieces on my wife's car as well. Also, since I work for the U.S. government over here, I don't have to pay German tax (19%) on purchases like these. So, if I were to guess, you should be able to get it done in the U.S. for ~$800-$1000. That's a complete guess on my part, but I bet I'm pretty close.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 PM
stebru84

I've got mine just about done cosmetically. Ford accessory package 5. hood spears. CS front facia. Billet grill with yellow fogs behind. Tinted tails, blackout vinyl and pony emblem. Roush rear valance with rectangular Roush muffler tips to match. all i need is to lower it now.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Wheels were the biggest thing, second GT00 spoiler, 3rd blacking out all chrome

Stock

Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

new wheels/tires + lowering = different car
thats the biggest 2 i'd say, i'm still working on the 2nd part
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stebru84

Is your decklid plasti dipped or painted? I like it!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
stebru84

Is your decklid plasti dipped or painted? I like it!
matte vinyl like the boss
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stebru84
matte vinyl like the boss

Thanks! Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? I know...dumb questions, but I'm considering doing this. Just need some pointers.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:25 AM
stebru84

Thanks! Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? I know...dumb questions, but I'm considering doing this. Just need some pointers.
first try was with the actual ford part ~$35 and it was such a precise cut piece i ended up ruining it trying to line it up perfect. so i bought another pre cut one from a vinyl shop on ebay and it was 3m material so it was thicker and more workable. I also had the faux gas cap off to switch to the pony one which helped.

now the 13's come with the glossy blackout panel

Quick Reply: Best Appearance Mod for your 2010-13...