Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's
View Poll Results: What colour would you go with?
Sterling Grey
0%
Deep Impact Blue
0%
Grabber Blue
30.00%
Gotta-Have-It-Green
10.00%
Red
20.00%
White
10.00%
Yellow
0%
Orange
0%
Silver
10.00%
Keep original
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Need help with customizing engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
johnvosh

Default Need help with customizing engine bay

Hi all, I need some help. I just got a sterling grey 2013 Mustang about 3 weeks ago. Sometime in the next year I would like to add some colour to my engine bay. What colour would everyone suggest I go with that would look good with the exterior. I've never been good with picking colours.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Think what kind of theme you could get going. It looks bad when you get a lot of colors clashing.
I went with blue as a accent color. I got a blue fan belt, blue vacuum & fuel lines and blue radiator hoses. Now I am looking at patterns that I can get Hydrographic dipped to match the shade of blue I have for use on some engine parts.

With the color of your car, you could pull off most any color. With the hydrographic process you could get most any color in any pattern.

Iv'e seen red or green accents that look great also.

Look around on this forum. This subject comes up regularly. You will find some truly awesome examples of what is possible.

Last edited by Old Mustanger; 07-09-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Tygr1
2nd Gear Member

I think silver goes good with Sterling Gray.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Ford Blue on the valve covers!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I would also recommend doing a google search on hydrographics/water transfer dipping.These covers pop right off and there are hundreds of patterns to choose from or even solid colors in candy.
I did my covers like this and I love how they came out and contrast with the car.You can pick a pattern and go with that color theme or they can be tinted any color you like.I am thinking that I will get some interior pieces done in carbon fiber with a red candy tint.Looks so good.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
johnvosh

Thanks everyone so far for your suggestions. I personally like blue and I was trying to find a Deep Impact Blue GT, but the one I got was a decent price so couldn't pass it up.

I was thinking I would probably go with a blue, but have been back and forth between yes/no. It would be nice to have the covers in blue as well as doing the big cover in blue with black lettering or similar. I think it would be nice to take and do carbon fiber inside with a blue tint if they do that sort of thing.

I was also looking at the intake/tunner kit they have at JLT Performance and it can come in quite a few colours so it would be nice to have it matching the rest.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

i went with red and black. i think i looks good with the silver

Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

maybe black with chrome caps? cant beat chrome, i get compliments all the time at shows at how the chrome under the hood looks.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I say paint the valve cover pieces ford blue or variation, the engine cover all black and the 5.0 the same ford blue if you can and maybe even those chrome inserts at the intake. if you have a strut tower bar I say paint center black and ends that same blue..kinda like how I did the red on black theme in my previous 10GT. But I think the blue will look better with the Gray color. Oh and I will be the one to say NO CHROME..
Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
johnvosh

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I say paint the valve cover pieces ford blue or variation, the engine cover all black and the 5.0 the same ford blue if you can and maybe even those chrome inserts at the intake. if you have a strut tower bar I say paint center black and ends that same blue..kinda like how I did the red on black theme in my previous 10GT. But I think the blue will look better with the Gray color. Oh and I will be the one to say NO CHROME..
That looks really good! Here is a pic of what mine looks like right now. To me it is kinda of just blah, that's why I am wanting to add some colour to it!

Quick Reply: Need help with customizing engine bay