Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

California Special Fog Light Adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 02:38 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Default California Special Fog Light Adjusting

Hey guys and girls just had a quick question. So I had the CS lower fascia installed yesterday but I noticed that the beam of the lights were aimed WAY TOO HIGH!!!! How do I adjust the beam of these fog lights? And can it be done without removing the fascia? I don't have access to a jack here at home so if the case is me having to remove the lower fascia I'll have to go back to the shop that installed it tomorrow. But if it is possible to do it without a jack and removing the fascia please let me know how, thanks everyone...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

When I put mine on the fogs were pointing directly onto the ground. From underneath the car remove the panel directly behind the front fascia. This will be tough if you are lowered. You can always use your car jack to raise the front enough to get to the bolts. Remember to use a jack stand if you crawl under a car that is on a jack. There is Torx (T15 I think) adjustment screw on the side of the light (you will need a flashlight to see it most likely), this allows the light to be adjusted up or down.

I waited until almost dark to do mine and had mine facing a wall about 20 ft. away. I turned on my headlights and then set my fogs to fill in just below the headlights. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
When I put mine on the fogs were pointing directly onto the ground. From underneath the car remove the panel directly behind the front fascia. This will be tough if you are lowered. You can always use your car jack to raise the front enough to get to the bolts. Remember to use a jack stand if you crawl under a car that is on a jack. There is Torx (T15 I think) adjustment screw on the side of the light (you will need a flashlight to see it most likely), this allows the light to be adjusted up or down.

I waited until almost dark to do mine and had mine facing a wall about 20 ft. away. I turned on my headlights and then set my fogs to fill in just below the headlights. Good luck.
Okay thanks buddy, got it...I'm going to look into that today.