Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Installing radio. need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Trays GT

Default Installing radio. need help.

ok. I have a base model 2013 GT without sync. I am trying to install my Pioneer Avic-X930BT navigation. I ordered the Scosche double din install kit and the Scosche S3FD23 wiring harness. I hook up the Pioneer harness to the Scosche harness. Turn the key and radio will not come on. At this time I am checking my connections for the 3 main connections to turn a radio on. Ground from Pioneer to Scosche harness is correct and goes to car harness. Yellow constant power Pioneer to Scosche is hooked up correctly and goes to car harness. Red Ignition from Pioneer to Scosche is hooked correctly but I follow that wire and goes off or another plug that goes to a interface. At this time I didn't care if the steering wheel controls didn't work so I didn't order a interface kit. OK, So I see I need the Scosche S3-1 Interface module and steering wheel module. This is what my extra plug plugs into that carries my red ignition wire. Now I have to wait till that comes in to try installing again. My question now is I have searched and searched forums and google for the answers with no luck. Where and what do I need to tap into for the VSS wire and also for the REVERSE SIGNAL wire. I really want to hook them up to make everything right and correct. Anybody please?

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android