Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Mods for '13 Red Candy Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Default Mods for '13 Red Candy Convertible

Over the last three months of looking at the various forums and vendors online and at Mustangs on the road, I've been thinking about several styling mods for my '13 Red Candy. I definitely like the Roush rear spoiler in place of the factory one. I'd like a styling bar and I've been leaning toward the Cervini Type II. It's hard to judge by the few images to be found online, though - the product image itself isn't that great.

Anyway, it was great to get a close-up look at a lot of Mustangs at the American Muscle show last weekend - and one in particular was my favorite as far as overall appearance. It was painted in a custom orange and had the Cervini bar installed and painted to match.

So, what do you all think of the look?:

Last edited by DRB; 08-18-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

do.. not.. want...
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Bar and seats look good
the rest does not
Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 AM
DRB
1st Gear Member

The bar is mainly what appeals to me for my car. As far as "the rest," you mean the color and console? I wouldn't want that color for myself, but I admired it as unique on his car - it doesn't show quite as pretty in photos.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Yes, the bar is excellent.

Rest meaning the decals, wheels and orange console, but everyone has their cup of tea. I am sure some of my taste is nasty to others...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
DRB
1st Gear Member

I'm going to do something with the console, but certainly not match it to the body color - either satin aluminum to match the other interior accents, or I still may get the American Car Craft stainless steel audio surround piece.

The only thing I plan to do with decals is to delete the black rocker stripe that came on the car. It doesn't need a sticker labeled "Mustang" on the body, IMAO.

The only exterior mods I have in mind are the Roush spoiler, the bar and eventually maybe an MCA grille. No scoops.

Last edited by DRB; 08-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Well, I just ordered the Cervini bar and the Roush spoiler.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DRB
Over the last three months of looking at the various forums and vendors online and at Mustangs on the road, I've been thinking about several styling mods for my '13 Red Candy. I definitely like the Roush rear spoiler in place of the factory one. I'd like a styling bar and I've been leaning toward the Cervini Type II. It's hard to judge by the few images to be found online, though - the product image itself isn't that great.

Anyway, it was great to get a close-up look at a lot of Mustangs at the American Muscle show last weekend - and one in particular was my favorite as far as overall appearance. It was painted in a custom orange and had the Cervini bar installed and painted to match.

So, what do you all think of the look?:
DRB,

I love the look of the Cervini Style bar. You definitely have my vote on that! I think painting the style bar alone, as the same color of the car is a pretty good idea too.

I saw this Stang at the show too. It DOES look much better in person. Pictures can only do so much justice!

Shane
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
DRB,

I love the look of the Cervini Style bar. You definitely have my vote on that! I think painting the style bar alone, as the same color of the car is a pretty good idea too.

I saw this Stang at the show too. It DOES look much better in person. Pictures can only do so much justice!

Shane
I went down to the body shop I'm going to be dealing with yesterday afternoon, to talk with the guy who'll do the work and get an estimate, etc. He looked at the picture of the Cervini bar and said "Don't tell me, you want to paint the front to match the car?" He smiled at my reaction and said with a shrug, "It's what I'd do."
Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

The Cervini spoiler arrived this afternoon - I ordered it Tuesday at around 4:00 PM, so that's pretty good.

BTW, Cervini lists it at 538 dollars right now - I bought it for 499 elsewhere online. It arrived well-protected in the unopened Cervini's box.

I've read the two pages of instructions - really straightforward, with pictures and also available as a PDF at Cervini's site - and I inventoried the parts included.

So...I'm apparently missing a pair of set screws. They don't look like anything that's going to be a challenge to just pick up locally, so I'm going to go that route.

[UPDATE 8/24:] I went ahead and called Cervinis in NJ this morning and they're sending the set screws out FedEX this morning.

I took some pictures of it right out of the box:

Last edited by DRB; 08-24-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Mods for '13 Red Candy Convertible