MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010-current S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section-132/)
-   -   shifter boot/ball color opinion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section/681203-shifter-boot-ball-color-opinion.html)

xx10Gt 09-08-2012 02:41 PM

shifter boot/ball color opinion

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I will be ordering an MGW short throw soon for my 5 speed 2010 GT and need a couple opinions...My interior is premium and has the black leather with white (creme, beige) color accent stripe. Im thinking about getting a white shift ball with 2 black rally stripes and im also ordering a new boot from redlinegoods.com

my question is since i dont want a white shifter boot, would it look okay if i had a white shift ball with 2 black stripes, but had a black shift boot with white stripes? i hope you guys understand what i mean, may sound a little confusing. If anyone could post pictures of their color combinations or anything like that, itd be great.

Also, would the dual stripe on the nob and/or boot look awkward considering there is only 1 stripe on the seats? having a hard time figuring this one out.

heres my interior in case you were wondering:

Attachment 75270

Thanks!

TRexGAWD 09-08-2012 02:52 PM

I have that same interior and personally wouldn't do that.. My preferences on shift knobs are solid colors and maybe a logo and that's about it.. I have a black shift boot with red stitching (other red accents are on the car as well).

xx10Gt 09-08-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD (Post 8043808)
I have that same interior and personally wouldn't do that.. My preferences on shift knobs are solid colors and maybe a logo and that's about it.. I have a black shift boot with red stitching (other red accents are on the car as well).

If anything, a black nob would probably be best then? what would be your opinion on the shift boot?

TRexGAWD 09-08-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by xx10Gt (Post 8043816)
If anything, a black nob would probably be best then? what would be your opinion on the shift boot?

I think a solid white knob would be stylish.. I have the stock billet ball knob (not that fugly leather and silver one) in mine and like it a lot so I never changed it.. And as far as a boot, I don't see anything wrong with the stock one, but if you do want to change it I like different stitch colors that match your overall theme.. However, I think your choice in a black with a single white stripe would look good too possibly.. It's really hard with these kind of things without ever seeing them in the car, that's why I have a hard time picking stuff for mine cause I have to see it in there first..

xx10Gt 09-08-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD (Post 8043821)
I think a solid white knob would be stylish.. I have the stock billet ball knob (not that fugly leather and silver one) in mine and like it a lot so I never changed it.. And as far as a boot, I don't see anything wrong with the stock one, but if you do want to change it I like different stitch colors that match your overall theme.. However, I think your choice in a black with a single white stripe would look good too possibly.. It's really hard with these kind of things without ever seeing them in the car, that's why I have a hard time picking stuff for mine cause I have to see it in there first..

definitly know what you mean.. I think the boot will look good in black leather with a single white stripe because that will match the seats. Im going to get the 2 different MGW handles (so that i can use all aftermarket balls) and just see which one suits the car best. Might be the best way to go unfortunately.