Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

APPEARANCE SUGGESTIONS. TAIL LIGHTS QUESTION.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default APPEARANCE SUGGESTIONS. TAIL LIGHTS QUESTION.

So i'm buying another Mustang this weekend. Looking at a 2011 Black GT Premium. Any idea on what improvements I can do to it? I'm ready to start modding all over again! Uhm the car is completely stock with the exception of an all black billet grille (deletes the fogs) and flowmaster hushpower mufflers.

One thing I really want to try to figure out is the tail lights. I was never a fan of the 10-12 tail light design. However, like everyone i'm sure, am blown away with the LED tail lights on the 13's. Already priced 13 replacements. They're like a grand at the ford store. Any aftermarket upgrades that will give me a similar look for less?

Black with red stripes fellas? =D
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SD05GT
So i'm buying another Mustang this weekend. Looking at a 2011 Black GT Premium. Any idea on what improvements I can do to it? I'm ready to start modding all over again! Uhm the car is completely stock with the exception of an all black billet grille (deletes the fogs) and flowmaster hushpower mufflers.

One thing I really want to try to figure out is the tail lights. I was never a fan of the 10-12 tail light design. However, like everyone i'm sure, am blown away with the LED tail lights on the 13's. Already priced 13 replacements. They're like a grand at the ford store. Any aftermarket upgrades that will give me a similar look for less?

Black with red stripes fellas? =D
black and red stripes would be my favorite combo. As far as taillights, the '13s wont align perfectly with the lines of the 10-12, there will be a small gap just so you know. You could always look at the Raxiom style tails:http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ghts-1012.html
(smoked version)..

I have them on my car, here it is: (smoked version) Name:  Resampled_2012-09-07_12-23-47_32.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  100.4 KB

As far as performance, oh man.. Full exhaust, cai and tune, cams, a blower!!!, gears also. choices are endless! hope this helps!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

also, congrats if you get the car!! i wish i could get a 5.0! good luck
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure there will be a gap? That sucks. I really like the 13 design.

Not really sold on the Raxiom. I would prefer just smoking my factory tail lights for a lot less.

Dang. Some after market company needs to come out with a 13 looking design for the 10-12's..

and thx!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Not really sold on the Raxiom. I would prefer just smoking my factory tail lights for a lot less.

Dang. Some after market company needs to come out with a 13 looking design for the 10-12's..

and thx!
yes on the gap, i believe roush tried it on a project car and then released it had a gap or something, but not sure.

Raxiom looks good, but probably even better on a black car. Tinting the factory tails was a pain in the ***, i tried it and had so many air bubbles and went back in the house and ordered the raxioms tails.

As far as i know, raxiom has been working on a set of 2013 tails for the 2005+ for a while now, and AM reps have said they will release info when they get it, but shouldnt be TOO long
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 AM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

Have someone rear end the **** out of you then replace rear bumper & tail lights.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

and thx!
It's been discussed ad nauseum here and elsewhere, and there are plenty of pictures on the net that show the gap. If you don't want the gap, you can either fabricate something to fill it in, or pay the added expense of getting a 2013 rear bumper cover. You'll also have to add reflectors to the back of your car somewhere (like Ford did) if you convert to the '13 lights.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:14 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

However, like everyone i'm sure, am blown away with the LED tail lights on the 13's? =D
Ummm not everyone...I can't stand them! But I am the exception....I originally VHT niteshaded my tails and it turned out great if you wet sand afterwards and "paint polish" them!

Then I decided to try the Raxioms....LovE them on a white car. And its hard to tell but they are not flat, they have a bit more design that allows them to come to a point across the middle! Goes well with the lines of the car!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uin2it
Ummm not everyone...I can't stand them! But I am the exception....I originally VHT niteshaded my tails and it turned out great if you wet sand afterwards and "paint polish" them!

Then I decided to try the Raxioms....LovE them on a white car. And its hard to tell but they are not flat, they have a bit more design that allows them to come to a point across the middle! Goes well with the lines of the car!
yeah just look at the taillights in my picture above.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Definitely will be waiting on the new tail light design from Raxiom.

Which side/window louvers look good on the black gt? I had Roush louvers on my 05, but am contimplating a cervinis style. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: APPEARANCE SUGGESTIONS. TAIL LIGHTS QUESTION.