Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Goodbye Poppa Smurf... Hello DARK NITE - Another 2013 in my STABLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Default Goodbye Poppa Smurf... Hello DARK NITE - Another 2013 in my STABLE

I had always planned on selling off Poppa Smurf to use the $$$ to buy my 2015, but after being rear-ended on 07/29/13 and suffering a C7 Fracture, I learned my stick driving days were numbered.

So I sold Poppa (See Signature) and bought this left over 2013 Black Automatic with Spoiler Delete.

Cons: V6 style wheels, no reverse park aid, which I could really use right now, No heated leather, but... (See last pro)

Pros: It is black and a 5.0, has the accented leather, and accented door panels. and I walked out the door with it for $33198.51 taxes and tags. Sticker was $37180.00

Some pics...

Already racking up the miles...

Starting the engine dress up (Had these left over from my 2011 SGM which is automatic, and used them on all 4 2013's I have had, figure why not use them again)

Grabbed these on eBay for the GB which was dressed like a Boss 302, but forgot to give them to the buyer. Only paid $69.00 for'em so I put int he black one, which will get a Boss 302 dress up as well

Last edited by Gary Ugarek; 08-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

Not bad. Like the blue better personally. Was the blue car totaled?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by C. Love
Not bad. Like the blue better personally. Was the blue car totaled?
Nope... the wreck was in my OO vert, Silver Bullet II, but I am having neuropathic pain issues and the fracture is affecting a lot of the left side of my body (Weakness, numbness), so I didn't want to give up on Mustangs, I just had to switch to an automatic. I have lost strength in my left side to a big extent, so driving stick in the future may be an issue.

I was going to sell Poppa Smurf anyway, just did it sooner than expected, and snatched up the auto
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

Well youre more into it than me. An injury like that i would have said forget it amd just got a truck lol so bravo for keepin on
Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Sorry for the loss. You have any pictures of the crash? You had to have gotten hit hard to break your C7.

Not a fan of the new front end on the '13 but to each their own. I do have to say I love the accented leather seats though.

Matthew
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Gary, how do you like the auto tranny compared to the manual?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
Gary, how do you like the auto tranny compared to the manual?
I am getting used to the select shift system so the jury is still out on that.

I already have mods lined up.

The Dealer who brokered the deal on my Grabber Blue to the private buyer, wants those goofy Chrome wheels for a used 2013 in black he has on his lot so I told him order me the 20" AMR Gloss black wheel kit with the nitto tires. Once they arrive have your mechanic install them for me (Back issues), and I'll give you $350.00 in cash. He said deal.

Taking it to Allentown next week for a 3.55 install

ordered my tuner, now I am trying to piece out the exhaust system. I already know I am going with the BBK X-Pipe, but the rest of the system I am not sure yet... definitely not doing pypes again.

Ordered a white 2013 Boss 302 Replica Stripe and hood stripe, then in 2 weeks I will take it to Washington DC to my Tint Guy who will do 13% and the stripe.

Since this has the wing delete... I think I am going to leave it that way or put a CS Spoiler on it.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Sorry for the loss. You have any pictures of the crash? You had to have gotten hit hard to break your C7.

Not a fan of the new front end on the '13 but to each their own. I do have to say I love the accented leather seats though.

Matthew
There is a thread, search my posts... the damage doesn't look that bad, but he walloped me hard enough to fracture the C7. I think because i recline the seat back in the 00 just past the Roof ROll bar when I came back into my seat I hit the roll bar instead. I can't remember all of it, just the bang. Luckily I keep a car lengths distance at stop lights and slowed traffic in Philly because these people are nucking futs.

I have to wear this ungodly neck brace when I am not driving. I am not even supposed to be driving, but I live alone, GF is 70 miles away in Allentown, so when I need to get to Doctor appointments I pop it off drive there, hop out of the car go in listen to their BS and then get in the car and drive home.

I have a lot of neuropathic pain (Pins and needles sensation along with a constant skin burn feel in my back, left arm and left leg. Doc say I have lost strength in my left side and he said you may not be able to drive stick anymore, so instead of giving up on Mustangs I just did a quick sell on the GB 13 and bought the black one.

Pic of my ungodly new accessory:

Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the crash. I've dealt with back issues in the past, but not to the extent you have.

Cudo's to you for getting a Mustang that works for you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Thanks...

The more I play with the select shift the more I hate it... I will just keep it in regular drive.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Poppa Smurf... Hello DARK NITE - Another 2013 in my STABLE